Monday, June 21, 2021

Lots Of Little Green Tomatoes!

June 21, 2021

Good morning.  It's looking like another beautiful (but hot, later) day.  I was outside on the porch earlier this morning for a while and it was really nice.  I checked on all my tiny little green tomatoes.  Yup, there are several of them.  

So far, all the tiny green tomatoes are on the cherry tomato plant.  The other plant doesn't have any yet.  That one will be much bigger tomatoes so maybe it just takes longer?  


I did promise to share some of the cherry tomatoes with Deanne's hamster, Clyde.  So, hopefully, I'll be able to keep that promise.  These are Clyde's favorite snacks.

The other day, Audrey and I were talking about one of our past vacations in Florida, and you know, I really miss going there for my two weeks.  I gave up my timeshares, so there's no going back.  But, I wonder if the management there leases the empty units by the week?  Hmmm, just a thought.

The new camera/TV screen that Eddie installed is really very helpful for me.  I can see when the mailman comes, when a package is delivered, when the trash barrels are emptied, etc.  Except of course when I doze off, then I miss it all.  It will take a while for me to get used to this new screen.

This morning I did crochet a while on the red pocket wrap.  Later, I'll work on the baby blanket.  I defrosted the container of meat sauce that I made a few days ago, so I'll cook up a pot of pasta this afternoon.  

Now it's time for me to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Dee Jaynes said...

Hi mom- just an FYI - Clyde wants you to know that he is a Guinea Pig - NOT a hamster- LOL- XO

smiekeltje said...

How wonderful you already have tiny little green tomatoes. We have big grown tomato pants, and this morning I noticed on one of them the start of yellow flower buds. So, may be we will have tomatoes, late this year.

I can understand it is hard to have given up your timeshares, but it is quite a trip to make. But may be you can inquire indeed if they can lease you an empty unit for one or two weeks. And if you could make the flight etc with a companion, who knows what will be possible?

For now enjoy the good weather you have(here it is not nice today, drizzling rain, temperature just 15C, not my kind of weather in June.

Have a great day, and... pasta with meat sauce sounds yummie.
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

Hot out here today. Catching up on computer and blog stuff, and getting together with friends later via Zoom. I'd be pretty sure that you could book a week or two in Florida next winter and not be a timeshare member. Some warm weather would be great next winter.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I'm sure you could rent something for a week or two. I know you would love spending time down here and soaking up some of that SUN! It's so humid here right now you might melt though. I'm staying inside today! Enjoy your afternoon!

Kathy said...

Hooray for tomatoes! I love freshly grown tomatoes from the yard. But none of mine came up. I am going to Lowes or Home Depot this week and get some plants. I hope you get lots on yours.

Beth Reed said...

Edna I know how hard it was to give up your time share, and I think that if they had not imposed the rule that members could not bring guests then you would still have it, but how unrealistic it is/was to tell members that they alone would only be allowed to come.
I would not want you spending 2 weeks alone and what fun is it to have the place just for yourself and no one to go to the swap meets or any of the other things that we did.
We.Remember you have always talked of maybe renting a small place on or close to the ocean. It might be just what you need to check in to and see about renting something. Even a motel room for a week or two. Just saying.... xoxo

I hope that you get a Bounty of tomatoes this year... Hugs and I hope that you have a fabulous day. xoxoxo

savannah said...

Those sweet 100 tomatoes are so delicious!!!
I plant the yearly. My bulldog is obsessed with them. She wanders the garden picking and eating them! Nothing taste so wonderful as one of those tomatoes warmed from the sun.

Steve Reed said...

Maybe you could find a new destination in Florida that would be just as appealing as your old timeshare -- and you'd get to see someplace new!