Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Happy Birthday Deanne

July 2, 2019

Good morning.  It's cloudy but warm today with a tiny breeze.  The sun makes an occasional appearance.  Temps are in the seventies, but will climb to the upper eighties in a few hours.  Pogo and I will be heading out to the porch when I finish this post. 

Today is Deanne's birthday.  It's also her best friend Caroline's birthday.  I wish both of them a wonderful day filled with love and happiness.  Happy Birthday ladies, I love you.


 These are the Birthday girls, Caroline and Deanne

I went into my archives and dug out an old photo of Deanne and three of her siblings.  They were watching my Mom and Dad build their new house.  They are:  from left to right, Audrey, Gary Jr with his dog Suzie, Deanne, Kerri, and my nother in the background.


Where oh where does all the time go?  It doesn't seem like it was all that long ago when I took this photo.  But, I know that a whole lifetime has taken place since then.  These children are all grandparents today. 

Well, yesterday I finally did a couple loads of laundry.  Meanwhile, my grandson Bobby (Deanne's eldest) came by and did a lot of work in the yard for me.  He also vacuumed all my porch screens and cleaned the windows on my storm door.  When that was done, he trimmed the hedge in front of my living room windows. He's a treasure and I am so blessed.

Tomorrow the guys from the gutter company will be here.  The electric company will be here around 8:15 a.m. to shut off the power to the house so that the gutter guys can do their work safely.  I will still have power for my oxygen and a few other things because I have that super little generator that I bought a few years ago. 

Before I go outside, I'd like to leave you with this beautiful image that I borrowed from the web.  It takes so little to help someone, yet it would mean so much.


Now I'm gong to grab a bottle of cold water, my little dog and head on out to the porch .  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

It's so good that Bobby is coming over to help out with the home maintenance. If it wasn't for my son, I doesn't know what I would do. You can pay someone to half do what they are suppose to do. I've been there and try not to go there again. (lol) Keeping a home up is a lot of work, but it's worth it. My son pulled me out of my garden yesterday and told me he is off on the 4th and he will do the weeds. I sneaked back outside and did some more weed pulling. I hate to put all that on him because he works daily and sometimes over time. We did over half of the garden spot yesterday. After we pull the weeds he will use the tiller to break up the soil. I doesn't do that because it's a lot of shaking and this old body can't take too much of that. (lol) You are so blessed to have someone and lots of them to help you out. Have a blessed day....you and Pogo enjoy the porch.

Beth Reed said...

Happy Birthday to Deanne and Caroline!!!

Good afternoon,
I love looking at photos. Especially ones of children. You have a treasure with that one!
Good Luck with the gutters tomorrow. I am very glad that your going to be able to keep your electricity. Safety is so very important.
Bless Bobby for coming to help. He did do a lot of work for you. I know that your pleased it is done and I am sure that he is glad to help out. It really does the heart good to help out.
I will give you a call later tonight or tomorrow. I am really exhausted this afternoon. xxx Love Love to Pogo and Hugs Hugs to you my dear friend. Beth

smiekeltje said...

Some things in the garden do better than last year and others just have trouble. It always is a surprise what will go up and bloom and how!our roses look pretty and so do the lilies. Wow, they are really tall!
Must not forget to say "Happy belated Birthday Deanne!!"
When I look at photos of my youth I also wonder where did time did go!
Bobby is a real treasure for you at the moment. Give him a hug from me for the work he is doing for you okay? LOL.
Now on to your next posts.
Oh no not before saying that the new bed of Pogo looks great and he really likes it. It will be wonderful for him during winter.
Hug
Kyra