Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Nature Can Be Forgiving

June 11, 2019

Good morning.  Pogo and I have been up for a couple of hours now.  (It's 8:07 now)  He gets his Monday mornings mixed up with the weekend mornings.  (If Joe is home, Pogo wants his turkey treat!)  Pretty soon, he'll realize that Joe has gone to work and won't be back until later this afternoon. 

Tis 68F degrees and a bit wet today.  Rather, I should say it's a lot wet.  Sometimes the rain comes down in a heavy downpour, and sometimes it's drizzly.  My driveway is slowly morphing into a pond.  This keeps the birds happy though.  The pond never gets overcrowded with bathers.  There's room for all of them.

Today I want to share photos of a favorite rose bush of mine.  Back in the nineties, my daughter Kerri gave me a yellow rose bush, and we planted it in the little garden by the kitchen windows.  It only blossomed yellow one year, but it grew into a large bush that blossomed every two years with  tiny root roses. 

Over the years, a root from this bush grew over ground and took root a few feet away.  Today it is quite a large bush and enjoying its first year of blossoms.



A couple years ago, we had to cut the original bush way back because it was getting stringy and the bark on its limbs was old and crusty.  Last year, the bush just sat there taking in the sunshine and rain.  No leaves or blossoms.  However, this year it is showing new life.  And blossoms too!



Nature can be awesome!  Deanne sent me a photo of her little rose bush that has been looking quite dead for some time now, but this year has a surprise for everyone.  Folks, meet Beastie Jr.  Now isn't this a beautiful sight?


Yesterday I did a few loads of laundry (blankets, etc)  and got quite a surprise.  I'm just about out of laundry detergent.  Oh no!  I only use Ajax laundry detergent because it doesn't bother my skin.  When I find it at a store, I buy several bottles of it.  Now it's time to go shopping and buy a few more bottles to keep on hand.  It's either that or I'll have to get used to dirty laundry.  Eck!!

I think I'll work on my shopping list today.  I'm sure I can think of some other things that we can't do without.  hahaha.  I was hoping to sit out on the porch today and wrap a few things.  Even though it's raining, it is warm, so maybe I'll still do it. 

Now, though, I'm going to make a cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Annsterw said...

Beautiful rose bush! I love flowers and nature...makes my heart happy!