Friday, June 21, 2019

A Fantastic Weekend Coming

June 21, 2019

Good morning.  Tis gray and damp outside my door today, and it's supposed to rain again all day.  Tomorrow, though, the sun should be shining brightly all day.  Actually, it's supposed to be sunny for at least three days in a row.  Woo Hoo!  A fantastic weekend ahead for us!!!

First, I've been told that the link to the Angels Watching QP did not work, so today I made a brand new link.  Again, if there is a problem with it, please let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nbqzvq81q5ao48a/EB_-_Angels_Watching_QP_2012.zip/file

Yesterday I caught up on my naps.  Yup, a real busy day!  hahaha.  I'm pretty sure it must be the rainy days that depletes me of my energy.  One gray day isn't too bad, but so many in a row tends to leave me feeling gray too.  I imagine this happens to a lot of folks everywhere.

Today, Deanne and Eddie will be coming by to install my new air conditioner.  It gets rather warm and stuffy in here at night, making it difficult to sleep.  This new air conditioner will help tremendously to make it more comfortable.

One of my favorite TV Game shows has just come on TV.  It's called "Common Knowledge."  It's a fun show, and I learn so many things.  Did you know that if you don't have a knife sharpener, you can turn a ceramic mug upside down and sharpen your knife on it?  Hmm, I learn something new every day.

Daughter Audrey bought a new Biscuit cookbook, and is sharing these recipes with us for Biscuit Doughnuts and Resurrection Biscuits.  If you click on these images and still cannot read them, let me know and I'll retype them.  Audrey has cooked both of these and says that they are delicious!






Yesterday, the mail carrier brought me a new book that I had ordered.  I'll take a photo of it and tell you more about it on Sunday.  It's called "Lincoln And The Irish" and tells how the Irish helped Abraham Lincoln save the Union.  It sounds super interesting.

Tomorrow, someone will be coming by to look over the outside of the house and give me an estimate to put gutters all around the house.  If the price is feasible, this could be my big project for the house this year.  We'll see.

Now I'm off to wash the dishes and maybe do a load of laundry.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

We just got our air conditioner put in yesterday. What a difference it makes. I think this is the last year for this a/c though because the sides are all falling apart. At least we have another one we can use.

I hope you are able to make the repairs on your house. When you own a house there is always something that needs fixing.

smiekeltje said...

Happy for you that you managed to order your blogbook. See?? Every time a little problem is solved. Hopefully it all will go as smoothly now for the new laptop(and I hope you can try Firefox again and it will work well, I don;t like Chrome either!)
Happy belated birthday to Gary. and yes, Aurora looks a lot Like your Kerry, Amazing!
Now also hoping for you that you will have some nice weather for several days in a row. With the new airco installed it would be niceto have some time at the porch and when it is too warm, you can cool down in the house. Sounds pretty perfect to me.
Love the flower pictures of your blooms, great color of the little rose!
Now take care and have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing! There's always something needing repairs around the house here too. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!