Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A Great Day For Yard Work

June 4, 2019

Good morning.  It's 5:40 a.m. and it's been daylight for quite a while.  I love it when the day breaks this early in the morning.  The temperature right now is 46F degrees, and will be up around seventy degrees after lunch.  It's supposed to be sunny today, and then light rain for the next few days.  It changes so quickly though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day.  The sun was shining, temps were warm and there was a brisk breeze.  While my grandson Bobby worked out in the yard, Pogo and I were enjoying time on the porch.  Pogo has a little bed out there so he can be quite comfortable while watching everything that is going on in the yard. 

The first thing Bobby did was to power wash the shed and get all that green moldy color off it.  When he got done, oh my it was looking new again. 

He also power washed the little shed where we keep the bags of leaves and grass clippings until pickup day.  Later, he planted some seeded mats that I had bought to try out.  He put them in that sunny square by the front of the shed.  That area gets sun at least half of the day, so hopefully, the flowers will grow.

Deanne said that she had planted her seeded mats too, and that the squirrels and a stray cat did away with them.  Oh dear, I hope the squirrels in my yard leave my mats alone.  I'd love to see some pretty flowers growing by the shed. 

While Bobby was busy in the garden, I took a walk out to see how my Mulberry tree is doing.  I was trying to take some photos of the new buds on it with my zoom lens.  This proved not to be an easy task because the wind was quite perky.

The big tree dancing frantically in the middle is the Mulberry tree.  I don't know how old this tree is but it sure is wicked tall.  I did manage to get some nice shots.  Here's a close up shot of the lowest branch.  Oh my, what a feast the birds are going to be having soon. 

I have some more photos but I'll save them for tomorrow.  Today I want to try running the vacuum around a bit.  As for my breathing, I'm doing much better than I was a few days ago.  The oxygen company finally did call me back, and they are supposed to be coming out to exchange the big concentrator for another one.  When?  I'm not sure.  I'll just have to wait and see.

Now I think I'll make myself a cup of coffee and maybe give the vacuum a whirl.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


Theresa said...

I know you are thankful to get your shed sparkly clean, nice fella to help you! Love that tree! Save your breath until the new machine comes. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Angelicastar said...

I need to do some power washing too. I haven't used my power washer since I loaned it out to my neighbor and I just wonder if it's working. He hadn't asked to borrow it again, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is still working. I didn't check it out when he brought it back. My sister told me to stop loaning my machines because people will break them and refuse to replace them when they do. I try to be neighborly and helpful. It's good that Bobby is doing that for you because power washing is a big job. It make you tired. After it's clean, everything look new again. Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine for a while.