Thursday, June 13, 2019

A Little Rain Makes The Flowers Happy

June 13, 2019

Good morning.  Tis gray and wet here in New England with temps in the fifties for most of the day.  So I guess we do indoor chores today. 

Yesterday, Pogo and I were out on the porch most of the day.  We finally had to come indoors because it was getting too warm out there.  It was nice though.  My grandson Bobby was here mowing the lawns and moving a few plants around.  My yard is getting so pretty!

I decided to set my little laptop up out on the porch.  This way, I can type my blog posts out there on nice mornings.  Hmmm, even though it is raining outside, there's a bit of a breeze and it's beginning to get quite perky. 

Today, I think I'll call for an appointment to get an estimate on putting new gutters on the house.  There was an ad on TV from a company that says it will let you put large gutter jobs on time payments.   My house would be a large job, and time payments would make it easier to get it done now.  So, we'll see.

The red rose bush near my porch has blossomed, so I took some photos to share.  This plant was a gift from Deanne a few years ago.  She calls it The Red Sox Rose.



There's a white rose bush next to this one and it's going to be blossoming soon too.  On the other side of the house, there are pink roses in bloom.  I'll have to get out there soon and take some photos.  I also have a little rose bush called "Mint Julep" that is getting ready to blossom soon.  Plus, the two little sticks (tiny rose plants) that we planted are growing and doing really well. 

A few days ago, I came across a really nice looking doggie (or kitty) bed that I thought Pogo would enjoy, so I ordered it for him.  Now we're just waiting anxiously for it to arrive.  Here's a photo of it.  It's called a "Calming Bed."
I can just picture Pogo snuggling into this bed and disappearing into all that fuzz.  Now that will make him an especially happy little camper!  I'll be sure to take lots of fun photos when the new bed gets here.
 
Now I have some blog reading to  catch up with.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: