Thursday, December 8, 2016

Yesterday Was A Lost Day

December 8, 2016

Good morning.  Wowsie!  I just read over my post from yesterday.  Goodness, what a terrible post!  The problem is my new meds, which of course, I won't be taking any more of.  A couple years ago, the insurance company decided to stop covering my medicine for neck spasms.  So, my doctor had to prescribe a new med.  I took this for a while, but I ran out of it quite some time ago.

My doctor called in a new refill for me a few days ago.  Unfortunately, the insurance company has decided not to cover this med any longer either.  So, someone at the doctor's office called in another new med for me. 

Yesterday morning I took one of the new pills right about the time I sat down to post on my blog.  I guess from reading the post, you can see how quickly I had a bad reaction to this new med.  Let me tell you it was really scary.  I was in and out of reality, mostly out of, and I had no control over my body.  Everything was fuzzy and drifting somewhere, and I could not stop it. 

This lasted for hours.  It was after 1:30 p.m. before I started to come out of this, and could actually walk again. It was evening before I actually started to feel like myself again.  The sad part is that when you live alone and everyone you know is away at work, there is no one to help you when something like this happens. 

I think the insurance companies should be ashamed of themselves for playing around and meddling with people's medications like this.  The sad part is that had I not come out of this nasty bad medicine "trip," the insurance company would not even be held responsible.  The government and big business has absolutely too much control over our lives with no consequences for their bad decisions.

Sad to say, I do not have a new quick page for you .  I will work on them later today, and I promise to make extras to make up for it.  I just haven't been up to spending much time on the computer lately.  When I hold my head and neck in the same position (like sitting at the computer), I start having the spasms so I just lay low. 

Poor little Pogo has been so busy staying at my side lately, that he hasn't been eating all his meals.  Last evening, DIL Janet stopped at McDonalds and picked up supper, (at my request) along with a double hamburger for Pogo.  He did eat some of it, but not much.  Later, after midnight, he got the hungries and ate the rest of his hamburger, along with anything else I had in the fridge that looked good to him.  Eventually his tummy got full up and he was able to fall asleep.

A couple days ago, I was able to get a few gifts wrapped and ready for mailing.  Hopefully, today I can get some more of this done.  I am so far behind it is not funny.  Santa Claus is doing pretty good though.  A long box was delivered here with a note from Santa attached asking me to put it under our tree for Pogo.  Woo Hoo!  I wonder what it is???

I dug a couple photos out of my archives to share today.  These are things that I miss from my working days. The first photo is a mama cardinal looking for food on a early winter morning.
The second photo shows the mist rising over a cemetery as the sun is rising on my way home for work one morning. 

Well, now it's time for me to get busy and try to accomplish a few things around here today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
I did not realize that you might have been having a reaction to the medication. I am so sorry. Your right tho. Who are these insurance companies that have the right to say what medications that we can and cannot have? And your right as well, if something had seriously happened to you, no one would be responsible.
I feel terrible that I didn't realize the reaction. I just thought that it was your computer messing up and that you were still sick with your cold. How did I miss the spasm's in your neck?

I started Karyn's afghan last night. I am really not happy with this yarn. Oh it is turning out gorgeous but the strands keep separating on me like every 3rd or 4th stich. It is really slowing me down. If it keeps happening I might just rip it apart and start over with a new skein and see if it is just the one I am using. It is Red Heart and the name of it is Icelandic. It is really pretty. She took the other yarn back. It had too much purple for her and she chose this one instead. I like it better as well. I have had yarn to do this to me before on things that I have ripped out or yard that I have used before, but not brand new yarn. It has been very aggravating, but I have 5 rows completed. I would hate to have to start over.

I am making soup. Today is Karyn's moving day so I told her that I would make a pot of soup and they can just come over when they get hungry and have a bowl to warm them up. The wind is blowing super hard today which is causing it to feel much colder than it actually is.

I will check in on you soon... I will not call. I will let you call when you feel up to it.
Oh and I am so proud of Pogo finally getting his little tummy full..... xx Love Beth and Cisco... Hugs Edna, I hope that you feel better today my friend.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O you so make my day by making me laugh at your antics! Thank you! Sorry to hear you took a "trip" with meds...I do not take any pain killers because of those type reactions....LMBO! It is scary at times, especially living alone!
Well, my medical scare is over for about 6 months anyway! I have all my Christmas done and even my cards are I can enjoy this frigid weather, by staying in the warmth and catching up with my blog reading and reorganizing my computer files so I can finish the WWCS Blog Train downloads! Thanks so very much for your share of it! Stay safe and stay warm and I so hope Pogo loves his Santa present! All my babies have clean warm beds and blankets and all their warming pads are plugged in (to be 24 tonight). I think I will take a nap now, been awake since 2:30 a.m. and my hiney is beginning to drag. Protect that arm and wrist! Chat more with you later. Hugs, Mat

LV said...

I understand what you are saying about the wrong medication. My doctor gave me an antibiotic and it was too strong. Thought my time had come. I think sometimes medicine is worse than the case. Trust you will be doing well very soon.

smiekeltje said...

Oh Edna! It was really a new medicin that caused that aweful reaction! Gosh, it must have been scary. I suppose you will call your doctor and tell him about it(I think he must know)and then perhaps he can try to find another medicin for your neck that is covered by the health insurance?
Here too sometimes the health insurance decides what meds are covered or not, or even worse, there were cases that medicin companies couldn't supply certain medicins for really tricky diseases, just becase they changed from location and seemed not to have enough in stock during the move from one location to the other. Now that is scary too.
But I am glad you have recovered now from the bad reaction and are feeling down to earth again!
So Santa already brought a gift, one for Pogo! Oh, I have no idea what it will be ROFL!!
Take care, dear friend, talk to your doctor, and perhaps he has a solution for you.
Have a lovely day and take the rest you need!