Monday, December 12, 2016

Christmas Is Less Than Two Weeks Away!!

December 12, 2016

Good morning.  It's a winter wonderland outside this morning.  It snowed through the night and kept the street plows busy.  We got maybe an inch and a half to two inches of light snow, and the forecast calls for it to be all gone by this afternoon. 

My grandson Kevin might be coming by after class today to take me to the Post Office.  I have a stack of parcels ready to be mailed out.  Gosh, I can't believe how close I cut things this year.  I'll really have to do better next year.  I know, I know.  Every year I say I'll do better next year, and then next year comes along and sneaks right up on me.  What can I say?

I think I only have three more "mail away" boxes to finish and get out, so this will be my project for today.  I can take them to the Post Office tomorrow.  We got our tree up out in the main house, so maybe later today I can get my little tree up.  I meant to do it a couple days ago, but I've been busy.

The fuel oil delivery is scheduled for sometime today.  Someone has to be here when they get here, so one of the dwarfs will watch for the truck if I am away at the Post Office.  Oh gosh, I'm watching a commercial on TV for the movie "Sing".  I think I'd like to see this one.  It looks wicked fun.

Over the weekend, one of Joe's sisters passed away.  Needless to say, Joe has been rather melancholy these past couple of days.  The funeral service will be held toward the end of the week. 

I found a cute image on the web that I thought I would share here. Have you written your note to Santa yet?  If not, better get to it.  Time is drawing very close!  Christmas is less than two weeks away!


Now I think I'll get dressed so that I'm ready to leave whenever Kevin gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

Keeping Joe in my thoughts and prayers. No time of year is a good time to lose someone, but during the holidays when everyone is happy is especially hard. It's too easy to feel alone.

I agree with you that "Sing" looks so cute! Every time I see one of the ads it leaves me with an "ear worm" it just looks like a fun movie!

Kevin is an awesome grandson, helping with the post office run. My post office stuff we'll just be sent from home via David. I guess don't have the guts to go along. hehe

Hugs, Nani

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
I am so sorry to hear of Joe's sister passing away. He must be feeling very heartbroken right now. I am so sorry for his loss. It is so hard to enjoy the holidays when a loved one passes during this time. My mom did her Christmas shopping for everyone and had it all wrapped and ready to give to the kids and grandkids and she ended up passing away on Dec. 16th so it is really very hard to try and be happy but also feeling sad at the same time. Our solace is that Christmas was my mother's favorite holiday and we can enjoy it better now knowing that she would have wanted us to. I wish I had words of comfort for Joe but I don't know what to say other than I am very sorry.

Yesterday my birds ate all of the bread and even a few Ritz crackers. Today it is all still waiting for them to come out and have a bite. I might have over fed them yesterday lol.

Cisco is fine, sound asleep on Nathan's bed. I tried to coax him in with me but he just looked at me and yawned and stretched out a little more so I am leaving him where he is. He looks too comfy to move.

I have to try and get to the post office this week. I may have Karyn go for me as she works right next door to the post office and can go easily on her lunch break. I am waiting on a text from her. It is either Chicken and Dumplings or Collard greens and cornbread for dinner tonight. I will give her another 15 or 20 minutes to respond or I will make the decision myself.

I guess that it is time for a refill on the fuel. I hope that your home when they come along. It is really nice of Kevin to come and help you out with the parcels you need to mail.
Have a wonderful day. I am going to try and find something good to eat and then crochet for a while. Have a great day! Love, Cisco and Beth and give Pogo lovings from us...

smiekeltje said...

Oh, I am so sorry for Joe. It never is a good time to loose a loved one but around these holidays it is extra hard.
Joe will need some extra support these days, I guess. So pass to him my sympathy and give him a conmforting hug from me.

I somehow also was kind of late this year with all the Christmas shopping, wrapping and such. At least, it felt that way. But all came to a good end, so now I just have to make sure i have all in the house for our Christmas day dinner. I still have about two weeks time for it, but perhaps better to try and take care for it this week
Next week it will be stuffed with people in all the shops, I guess, plus that then a lot may not be available anymore.

Hope the fuel guy arrived in time.
Enjoy the Christmas tree you are going to put up in your room. I am sure your room will look suddenly 10 times more cosy than before LOL!
(A christmas tree with lights always brings something extra into a room)
Have a fantastic day.
Hug
Kyra