Saturday, March 12, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDDIE

March 12, 2016

Good morning.  Alas, this is our last morning here in beautiful Florida.  After lunch today, Pogo and I will be picked up and taken to the airport.  Next stop, Boston, Massachusetts.  Deanne and Eddie will be waiting at the airport to pick us up and take us home. 

By the way, today is SIL Eddie's birthday.  I had ordered a birthday present for him before I left to come down here, and hopefully it has arrived.  Eddie, I hope your day is fun and filled with happiness.  Happy Birthday Eddie.

Yesterday I was busy packing things away in our suitcase.  It's a good thing I was able to send things home in Joe's carry on because now there is room in my suitcase for the afghan that I've been working on.   I only have thirteen more rows to go and it will be finished.  Woo Hoo!

Today I have some photos of trees to share.  This first photo is a set of young palm trees whose roots have wrapped around a larger palm tree, and two of the smaller trees are growing from the trunk of the larger tree.   I've made a close up to show the tangling of the roots.



There is another fascinating tree not far from our unit.  This one looks as if several young saplings were twisted together before being planted.  I don't know what kind of tree this is, but it is rather interesting.  Again, I've made a close up to show how the trunks are intertwined.



Today Pogo and I will mostly relax (what else is new?) and make sure we are leaving everything clean and tidy.  In a little while, we will take the trash down to the dumpster.  I'll take my camera with us.  Who knows?  Maybe we'll run into a fascinating bird or something!!  Hmmm, not likely.

Last night, there were quite a lot of folks outside with us as we watched the fireworks display.  The land on the other side of us is being developed, so we probably won't be able to see any fireworks next year.  That makes this year's showing a special treat. 

Well now I think I should wash our breakfast dishes and then get rid of the trash.  Then we'll sit out on the porch for one last time.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: