Monday, March 14, 2016

A Very Busy Day Today

March 14, 2016

Good afternoon.  Gosh I'm very late today with my posting.  It's been a hectic morning with lots to do and not enough time.   There was a mountain of mail waiting for me when I got home.  Lots and lots of bills wanting to be paid all at once and right away!!

A very important package that I was waiting for never got delivered because no one was here to sign for it when it arrived.  There was an orange slip left asking someone to call for a re-delivery.  No one called.   This morning I called and arranged for the package to be delivered tomorrow.  One down, and tons to go. 

I paid a pile of bills, and left another big pile to pay another day.  My taxes were prepared and sent to me.  OH WOW!  Not a very good surprise for me.  I thought I was in pretty good shape and all set here, but oh no.   The taxes were much higher, and I have to pay more.  It's a good thing all of this came in after I left for Florida.  As long as I did not know about it, I was able to have a good time on vacation.

Enough already of the gloomy stuff.  Pogo woke me up a little after 5 a.m. this morning wanting his breakfast.  His tummy must have been grumbling because he kept barking at me until I got up and cooked him some hamburger.   I figured as long as I was up I may as well have something to eat too so I had me a bowl of pineapple chunks.  Mmmm, very tasty!

We went back to bed after eating, and I got to sleep until 10 a.m.  I would have liked to keep right on sleeping but there was this huge stack of mail needing my attention.  Ah well, time to start my day.  After tending to the bills and making some phone calls, I decided to take a break and make some lunch and visit here on my blog for a while. 

I tried uploading a quick page to MediaFire so that I could post it here but alas, MediaFire was down making some repairs.  Sorry about that.  Hopefully, I'll be able to upload later.

Yesterday, I managed to do a load of laundry (all the clothes in my suitcase) and put everything away.  I was busy most of the day, but I can't really think what it was that I was so busy with.  Hmmm, I think my brains have gone back to Florida without me.

Today I have more photos from Florida.  This first one is a cute little squirrel who was sitting on a fence enjoying some tasty treats that he had found.


This next photo is one of the hedges planted on the grounds at our timeshare.  A lot of these bushes have little flowers and this one had the prettiest rosy red berries.


Here is one of the many palm trees growing everywhere.  I thought the trunk had quite an interesting texture so I took a close up photo of it.  It sort of looks like old weathered barn wood.



 Well, I still have a lot of the mail to go through, and it's time for me to get back to work here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: