Friday, March 11, 2016

Enjoying Our Last Full Day Here

March 11, 2016

Good morning.  I'm sorry I could not post yesterday, but the internet here went out Wednesday afternoon, and was not repaired until last evening.  I was not the happiest little camper around here.  So I rested a lot and crocheted.. I only have twenty five more rows to go for the afghan to be finished. 

Wednesday Pogo and I went to the flea market to do a bit of browsing and shopping.  On the way home, we stopped at a Walgreen's to get bread and ice cream.  Next we stopped at the gas station to fill up the gas tank on our rental car.  Then we headed back to our condo to have lunch. 

It was when I decided to check my emails that I discovered that the internet was out.  I get a lot of emails so if I don't check them every day, they get out of hand.  Oh boy, I would have a lot of work to do when the internet was working again.

Daughter Deanne called me yesterday to let me know that my grandson Kevin was on a plane to Orlando with his college baseball team.  When they get here, they will travel another hour and a half by bus to their destination.  Kevin is not feeling very well, and the heat here will raise havoc with his breathing.  However, even if he were all tied up in casts, he would be out on the field playing with his team.  I hope he starts to feel better because they have several baseball games scheduled.  Good luck Kevin.  My prayers are with you.

Today I have some photos of one of the hot air balloons that we were watching one  morning last week.  I love this little camera and its 50x zoom. 





As I sit here typing, Pogo is curled up on the chair next to me having a nap.  He has finished his breakfast, checked out all the children and adults walking by on their way to the pool, and now it is time for a little rest. 


Today is our last full day here.  Tonight I will pack our suitcase, and then tomorrow after breakfast, I'll check once more to make sure we haven't forgotten anything.  I'd really like to put my little screened porch in my suitcase, but alas it can't be done. 

Tomorrow afternoon, the fellow from the car rental company will come by to pick us up and take us back to the airport.  We only have one more night to watch the fireworks display.  Did I mention that they are from Disney World?  Our property backs up to Disney, so we get to see all the fireworks that make it up over the tops of the trees.

Well that's about all my news for now.  I'll post again in the morning.  So, till then, Y'all have a splendid day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning Edna and Pogo,

So sad to hear about the internet being on the fritz. It is frustrating for sure. I have a friend that goes to Myrtle Beach every winter and they have a lovely beach condo and stay usually 4 to 6 months and since she has been there the internet has been down or runs so slow that she can barely use it. They told her that the equipment is so old that it is barely functioning. They are supposed to replace it today sometime but it is sad that the techs have been out so many times and just as they are getting ready to go home April 1st they are going to fix it.

I wish that you could pack up your little front porch as well. I know how much you and Pogo really love sitting out and enjoying the lovely weather. I was hoping that the apartment here would put out some benches and tables for us to sit at and use but the manager said that they decided against it. We still have not been able to use our grills that they have installed.

Did you find another jacket? I hope that you find your original one before you leave. I cannot hardly believe that it has been 2 weeks already! What a wonderful time you and Pogo have had just to sit and enjoy and watch the fireworks and of course the beautiful weather. It is still raining here but thankfully the bad thunderstorms have passed and now it is just steady rain. I read last night that our lakes are filled almost to capacity. How wonderful that they are because they were getting rather low.

I will pray that the weather will be kind to Kevin and that he will do alright with his breathing. It is really wonderful that he is getting to play the sport that he loves. WTG Kevin! It is so great to see kids active and involved and especially doing something that they love. What about Jazzy? Does she have anymore wonderful plays coming up?

Cisco needs to go out so I have to fetch our umbrella and make it out into the rain. I cant let my baby get to wet! Y'all have a wonderful day and before I forget, I loved, loved, loved the hot air balloon. I want to take the grandkids to the Festival that we have later this summer. It would be great to see their expressions and excitement.
Hugs, Cisco and Beth

Kathy said...

I am so impressed with those balloon pictures. Wow! You have a really good zoom.

Have a safe trip home. At least the weather here in the north has gotten warmer.

smiekeltje said...

That holiday went by so quick! Cannot believe you were there already 2 weeks.
wonderful that the guy of the autorental brings you to the airport.
Now hooping you have a good flight home. Who is picking you up at the airport home?
Poor evin, he is doing a thing he so much loves and has trouble with his breathing. Crossing ginfers he will not have too much trouble.

Thusday Jan went to hospital and in the afternoon I picked him up, which was a good thng, cause he still was a tiny bit dizy from the light anaesthesia.
Now we will have to wait about two weeks for the result.
Yesterday he went into town and came back with some packages of summer flower bulbs(they were in sale), so he is completely going bonkers LOL!
One of these days he will plant them and then hopefully some f them will flower around July and August.
Have a steady flight home and safe homecoming.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Sorry that we missed you. As soon as we set up here our friends had all kinds of plans for us and today we need to more the RV to the other location. Oh, so close and yet so far away! We almost made it. I'm wishing you a safe and uneventful flight back home and if they find their screen porch missing we'll all know where it went!

Nani said...

The balloon pictures are fantastic! I LOVE Pogo's shirt!!! -Nani