Monday, September 30, 2013

September's Last Hurrah

September 30, 2013 

Good morning on this last day of September.  This is her last day to lavish us with her warmth and beauty, her last hurrah.  May it be a fabulous day for everyone.  It's still dark outside, but because of the fuzziness of the outline of the tree tops, I can tell it is quite foggy.

Yesterday morning we had a dense fog alert right up until 10 a.m.  Visibility wasn't very good at all.  Mostly you could see a couple of houses ahead of you (when there were houses), and had to keep your lights on so that others could see you.

It's a good thing that I know my travel route very well because in a few places there was hardly any visibility at all.   I stopped a few times to take photos (whenever I could do this safely).  Here are a couple of shots of the road ahead me most of the way home.



At one point, when I was closer to home, I noticed a bright spot in the sky where the sun was actually trying so very hard to burn away the fog, but was still heavily covered.  What an interesting sight to see.  Naturally I had to pull over to get some photos. 

 
Here is one place where visibility was at its best, but only for a minute.   This was one of those pockets of space where visibility was good for about a quarter mile.  However, there weren't too many places like this on the way home. 

 
By ten o'clock most all the fog was gone and in its place was one really beautiful day.   The sun was shining brightly and the day was warming up.  It's going to be a great day for a picnic.  I had about an hour and a half or so to try to catch a few winks or at least some rest before Pogo and I would get ready to go to his picnic. 
 
It was a wonderful day for my Pogo, and me too, but I will save that story for tomorrow.  I still have to look at the photos and do some cropping so that I can post them here.
 
Today is also Mandarin Orange Monday, and I found the cutest couple to share with you.  Autumn is a great time to decorate one's home and yard to celebrate both the harvest season and Halloween.   Meet Mr. & Mrs. Strawbody. They are all dressed up in their prettiest Fall outfits.  Aren't they a handsome couple?
 
 
It's after 6 a.m. and I want to look in on the Mrs again before I start packing up my work bag.  Pretty soon I can go home to Pogo and my comfy warm bed.  Ohhhhhh, that is going to feel so good!!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Birgitta said...

Cool fog photos! I like Mr. & Mrs. Strawbody :)

The Queen Jester said...

Nice fog photos. I was just trying to figure out how to add that effect to some images but the book I was using assumes I know more than I really do. Plus it's written more for the full blown photoshop instead of Elements 10. So much to learn...so little time. I'll need multiple lives to squeeze all my projects in.

Debby said...

Scary to have to drive in that fog. The other day I was headed to my Nanny job (he he) and turned onto a street. The sun was rising and totally blinded me. I could not see a thing. I thought I would pull off the road and then realized I wasn't on the road. Scary. Be careful.
Can't wait to hear about the good day for you and Pogo.
Be careful driving.

NatureFootstep said...

o, that´s some serious fog.

But your orange things is a bit early, aren´t they? Hm, Mr. & Mrs. Strawbody. I like them.

smiekeltje said...

Ghee, not funny to have to drive through that fog! Glad you made a safe car trip!
The two straw puppets are adorable!
I cannot believe we are already in october today, it is a scary thing too, that time passes at such a speed LOL!
Hope you could take a nap before getting into action at the picnic.
Waiting for some great photos.
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

They are the loveliest couple...all dressed in orange. Nice composition too:)
Thanks for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday #61.