Monday, September 16, 2013

Mandarin Orange Monday

September 16, 2013

Good morning.  I'm a little late posting but I had a few things to do this morning.  Dee Dee's car had to go in the shop so I picked her up.  We had a quick breakfast and a nice visit before I dropped her off at her work.  Then Pogo and I went shopping at Petco for some new Fall sweaters.  Gosh, this time there were so many nice looking things that it was hard to choose just a few. 

Well, I gave that Lavender sleepy spray a try last night.  I really did not need it because I was so tired that falling asleep was no problem.  However, the spray did stink up the air in the room for a little while.  Maybe that's how the stuff works.  You have to pull the blankets up over your head to escape the nasty smell, and while you're nice and warm under the covers you fall asleep. 

I should have known better though, because I don't like most scented things.  Plus, most of them just interfere with my ability to breath.  It's going to be cold again tonight, so maybe I'll give the stuff another try tonight.  The good part is that the smell goes away rather quickly.  So, if you don't fall asleep, at least you don't have stinky air all night.

Today, it's been raining lightly all morning, and the temperature is only 60 degrees.  I'm not complaining though because I'm thankful that we are not having flood rains. 

I have to take a break here because the nail salon just called to say that they have a cancellation and that I can come in now.  Be back soon.

***Yoo Hoo!  I'm back.  I really needed this appointment because I have been neglecting my fingernails for a while now, and that is just not good.  I may be short and dumpy, but as long as my nails look nice I think I look nice.  I know, it's all psychological but that's how it goes.  So now my wrinkly hands have pretty pink fingernails and I'm feeling a bit chipper again.

Today is Mandarin Orange Monday, and I have a pretty Rose of Sharon to share.  First is the original photo .  Then I played a while in Photoshop with the watercolor filter and came up with a very pleasing (to me) image.  Then I changed the color to orange for MOM, and it is still quite pleasing.




Now I think I want to get busy around here and just maybe I can get a couple of things accomplished while I still have this little burst of energy.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

 

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Just a quick Hello. It's dinner time and I have to go put some food on the table, but wanted to say, I love your orange Rose of Sharron ... wish they really came in that color. I think I like it better than the pink :) Gotta go ... will check in tomorrow. It's cold here too :(

Andrea @ From the Sol

smiekeltje said...

Great, you had a good sleep, probably not because of the lavender scent LOL.
Curious about the new autumn clothes!
Love the way the rose of Sharaon turned out, very pretty.
Did accomplish to do a couple of smaller thing yesterday, like ironing,
and putting away that stuff into the closets, re-organized part of another closet and such.
Still not all to fantastic weather, to my taste again too much wind, but will have to go out for groceries.
Oh well, a sniff of fresh air will do some good too.
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I like the orange on the flower, it makes it look like a hibicus now.

Anonymous said...

I think we need to see a photo of these pretty pink nails???
Love the Rose of Sharon Hugs Elee

lorik said...

The changes are beautiful.... they both look good together too.
I agree...we need a pic of the pink nails! Edited of course;)
Thanks for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday:)