Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's No Fun Being In The Dog House!

September 7, 2013

It's a gorgeous day here in New England.  Last night was a two blanket night.  Well, for me at least.  For some reason, I was chilled to the bone.  But the cooler night temperature made for a great sleeping night for me.  This morning I stayed under the blankets as long as possible before getting up to start this new day.

Yesterday, Pogo spent the day at daughter Deanne's house.  He got to play out in the yard all day with Sassy and a new doggie friend, Amy.  Needless to say, when I arrived to pick him up to go home, he was not very happy with me. 

When I picked him up to leave, he kicked and squirmed and whined because he did not want to leave.  In the car on the way home, he barked and yapped at me, and then gave me the silent treatment.  Well now, what a surprise all this was for me.  I may have to think about getting another little doggie so that Pogo has a playmate.  Hmmmm.  Well, Pogo, what do you think of this idea?


I do have a couple of new photos from yesterday.  The Mrs' backyard was chock full of bees of all shapes and sizes.  I guess they know that the seasons will soon be changing and they want to get all the food they can now.  My favorite shot is the one with the golden rod.  The colors are wonderful.



Well, that's all the news for today.  Tonight is a work night and I need to wash the dishes and maybe run the vacuum a bit.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Be careful ... don't be fooled. Little Pogo may love playing with friends at their house, but he may feel differently at his house. He could be territorial and I doubt that he would like sharing your attention. You might try a visitor once in awhile and see what happens. I know Izzi loves all of her friends at agility, but she doesn't like other dogs at her house ... Just sayin'. Not all dogs are like that, but be careful :)

I hear you about the cooler weather. I had to start putting my hoodie on when I took Izzi out at night and in the morning. By late morning it feels hot again, but the nights are cool and the windows can be open. Nothing like fresh air to sleep with.

I posted about Vultures today ... it is Vulture Awareness Day. Hope you have time to take a look. I have a place in my heart for Vultures ... they are truly misunderstood and though thought to be ugly, they can be really cute. Anyway, I won't ramble on ... take a peek and learn some new facts. Hope your work night is uneventful and the Mrs is over her Crabbies. Love to little Pogo ... sure glad he had fun with his friends.

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

I think Andrea is right with her warning about another dog in your house! OPogo would perhaps have trouble accepting another doggy all the time, he could get a bit jealous!
Oh well, about his barking and silence tratment to you... LOL. They can behave just like little children, isn;t it?
We just must not pay too much attention to it, and it will pass quick enough hahaha.
A little bit coller nights are indeed better for the sleeping.
We have a bit of changing weather at the moment. Some sun, some clouds, may be even a bit of rain, bit lower temperatures, oh well, the saeson for that is arriving.
Is the Mrs. still in her crabby mood?? Hope it passed away!
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

It may take some adjusting for him but a companion might be a good idea. Perhaps you could try being a foster parent for a shelter animal and see how it goes on a longer stay.
It's amazing how a creature so tiny can run the house isn't it.