Thursday, September 19, 2013

Don't Forget To Get Your Flu Shot!

September 19, 2013

Good afternoon.  This will have to be a short post as I had things to do this morning, and in a while I will have to get my workbag ready for work tonight.  Tonight I will work through till 3 tomorrow afternoon.  However, my boss says he will cover me in the morning so that I can come home and get Pogo and bring him back with me.  This works for me.

I had my follow up checkup with the doctor this morning and my blood pressure is doing just fine now.  Thank goodness for that.  I still have to have the stress test thing though.  I tried, but could not wiggle my way out of it.  I also got my flu shot this morning.  So I guess I'm all set now for the Fall.

Right now, I'm doing laundry.  I like to wash all of Pogo's little blankets every week or two to keep them fresh.  His beds make it in to the wash every two or three weeks.  After all, he likes his bed to smell nice and clean too.

Here's a cute photo of Pogo peeking out of his little house bed.  See how he blocks the doorway with part of his blanket to keep the cold air out?  Smart kid, my boy!!


I also have another beautiful scrapbook page from Kyra.  What a wonderful surprise to start my day off.  Thank you so much my friend.


Now I think I'll check to see if the laundry is done.  I still have to pick up my prescription this afternoon before I get ready to leave for work.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Peek-a-Boo Little Pogo ... he is so sweet and I love his little house bed.

I am reading for two days so if I skip around, don't be surprised. Your rant yesterday was a good one ... what is wrong with these people. They want to import workers because they are willing to work for less, not because they can't find American workers. It's all about money my friend ... the Rich get richer and the Poor get Poorer as the old saying goes. It was supposed to be different in America until the Supreme Court gave the rich the ability to buy the elections ... and I have to say that those that don't like it are being very quiet about it and sitting back and letting it happen. Boy, I will never understand how people can be so indifferent (or maybe it is ignorance). They either don't vote or they vote poeple in who pass laws (or don't pass anything) that is not in their own best interest. God help us all ...

I got my cast off today and some of the stitches out ... I have to go back next week to get the rest of the stiches out. The pain is no better, however, because, without the stitches, there is more pressure on the incision when I use my hand. I haven't been able to mow my lawn in over a week. That was fine when it was cool and nothing was growing, but then the rains came and the nice short grass turned into a wheat field. I may have to call on my son, who is so harried with his own work, but I'm not sure what options I have ... hmmmm. Oh well, the world is not going to end because my grass is too long, right? Anyway, sounds like you are working hard ... that is a long day/night for you. Good that you can take time out to go get Pogo ... he is such a good boy. He needs him Mom (and a potty break :)

Best be going. Need to get some food in my stomach because I took a giant antibiotic pill and it is rumbling around down there all by itself. You take it easy, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Gosh, that is a really loooong shift you have to do. nice of your boss to cover for you a while so you can pick up Pogo.
Good news about your bloodpressure. Keep it that way LOL!
Love the shot of Pogo in his doghouse.
Hey, don;t forget to pack some food into your bag, like the other day!!!
With such a long shift some tasty food is necessary
Hugs
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

How cute Pogo is in his little bed. He is so spoiled he stinks....LOL! So very happy he has found a loving home and he is coming out of his shell! I just don't understand people mistreating an animal.
My kitties are all huddled in their little condo retreat staying out of the rain. Yippee finally! Started about 8:30 last evening and still a few showers coming and going, but the front is just now moving in to drop temps in the 80's and out of the 90's and to knock down the horrible humidity! We so need this soaking type rain.
Well, have a fantastic work day and enjoy having Pogo with you! Chat more with ya later...Hugs, Mat