Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Early Morning Energy Burst

September 3, 2013

Good morning.  Today is starting off rather pretty, so maybe we won't get much rain today.  Here's one of the photos that I took during the rain yesterday morning.  It was coming down quite heavy and dancing all over the top of my car.


Just as I was going to put my camera away, this large branch broke off from the tree in the front yard and fell into the street.  Luckily, there weren't very many branches down on my way home (from work).


During the day yesterday, the rain did stop and Pogo and I got to walk around the yard for a bit of fresh air.  Later, after a refreshing nap, I did manage to get a few things done around here.  The key word is "few".  After supper, I worked on gathering photos for next year's calendar.  I like to choose about eighteen of my favorites from the current year, and then I narrow that down to twelve.

I'm just looking for a few more photos, then I will make my final selections.  It will feel good to know that my calendar is ready for printing.   Next I need to order my next two Blog Books for the first eight months of this year.  I've been posting so many photos that the books are getting too big for just two books for the year so I'm going to try making three books this year.

I'm watching the Weather Channel and they are showing videos of the 65 year old woman who just finished the 110 mile oceanic swim without flippers or a shark cage.    This was her fifth attempt to accomplish this feat.  Congratulations to you Ma'am, but I personally think you are nuts for trying this without a shark cage. 

This morning, Pogo and I got up rather early, around 4:30 a.m.  While I had this little burst of energy, I diced up a couple of green peppers and put them away.  Then I started cleaning out old medicine bottles.  This lead to dumping out some very old vitamins that were just taking up space on the pantry shelf.  After this, it was time for a snack.  Some chicken for Pogo, and a dish of fruit for me. 

Phew!  Well now, that tuckered me out so we went back to bed for a while.  My energy bursts don't seem to last very long any more.  This must be another of those "perks" for the golden years.  It's not the greatest perk because it's hard to finish anything with such a short energy spurt. 

Well, that's my news for this morning.  Now I shall look for some more mischief to get into.  Better yet, maybe I shall pull up a chair and do a bit of shredding.  While cleaning out some of the clutter, I've accumulated quite a pile of papers that need to be shredded.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

We had one decent rain last Friday and by Monday the grass was long enough to need cutting. I was enjoying the break from cutting because my grass goes dorment when it is hot ... and it has been hot!
Today, however is the perfect fall day. In the 70's, a light cool breeze and blue sky with fluffy white clouds floating by. Don't often get all of those wonderful things at the same time. Sure am enjoying it.

I have been going through things to. They used to call it Spring Cleaning, but around here it took me all summer to work up the ambition. Now I am going at it, a little at a time, but getting things done just the same.

It's hard to believe it is time to be planning next year's calendar already. I was thinking I might do one this year, but so far I haven't even given it a though until you mentioned yours. I just have too much on my plate and I am putting things off until I get my Carpel Tunnel surgery done (9/13). I am hoping I will be able to sleep at night once that is taken care of and then my normal energy level should return.

You should do some editing on your rain picture and enter Photo Art Friday this week ... the challenge is Water! Just for fun, I bet you could come up with some cool ideas. Well, Edna, I have to run to town and get some batterier. We had a power outage last week and our big flashlight was worthless it was so weak. I want to be prepared for the next one (of course, if I am prepared, it won't happen, right?). So you and Pogo have another fun day. Talk to you later ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Great the rain didn;t last too long. Only a bit scary some branches fell off the trees, while you were coming home! Vut thank God nothing happened to you or your car!
I am quite familiar with those shortened bursts of energy. I start something, am rather busy, even finish sometimes, and then looking at the clock I only was busy for half an hour, may be one. But it seems to me, I;ve been bisy twice so long LOL.
Then I decide it is time to take a break, nothing wrong with that, but then start again, oh, that's not easy sometimes.
However, you don;t ind, you have done some things, and got rid of some stuff.
I think today will be activity day again.
You have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra