Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oh What A Beautiful Morning!

September 4, 2013

Good morning on this beautiful sunny day in New England.  Pogo and I enjoyed sleeping late, even though breakfast did not go over so big with Pogo.  I gave him doggie food.  Hmm, must be something in the doggie food that he doesn't like.  Maybe if I start infusing it with some bologna he might like it.  I'll have to try this.

Today's new challenge at our Photography Plus forum is to share photos straight out of the camera.  No tweaking, sharpening, etc.  I chose one of my close up photos of the Mama Swan from this past Spring.  Here is the original shot straight from the camera, then a copy with just a bit of tweaking for color and clarity.


 
I know that the differences between these two photos is rather subtle, but when I try to enhance a photo, I try not to change the photo itself.  I like to leave the photo looking as natural as possible. 
 
Well, yesterday was another of those days where I start one thing and finish with another thing.  I think this has a lot to do with the fact that housework is my least favorite thing to do.  As teenagers, my brother and I had to do over and over until we got them perfect.  Mother was an immaculate housekeeper and we had to be too. 
 
As a young bride and mother, my home sparkled.  Alas, as I got older, I learned the ease and fun of sloppiness and clutter.  I learned that dust bunnies had feelings too and they needed a home just as much as I did.  Sharing space became much more important than perfection.   I have a sort of "multicultural" home.  There is my space, Pogo's space, and of course, the dust bunnies' space.  And, the best part is how well we all live together comfortably.
 
Enough chatter.  How about a really pretty bee photo?  I think that the softness of all the pastel colors with the yellow and black makes for a very pleasing image. 
 
 
Now I want to finish my coffee, and catch up on reading my favorite blogs.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I love bee photo,very nicely done.
It seems that one learns to appreciate a life and let live approach to dirt and dust as we age. Perhaps we will return to dust ourselves someday and have started to feel a kinship with it?

aquascrap said...

I can relate to you and your Mother in regards to cleaning. I too had a Mother who was the same. She worked full time and it was me and my sister who had to do the house work on a Saturday. The house was split in two...my sister did the bedrooms, I had to do the lounge, kitchen and bathroom.

My mother would do the laundry with the help of my father while we cleaned. She would come and give it the "white glove" treatment and if it wasn't done to her satisfaction we would have to do it again.

I too would keep my house clean and it's only been the last couple of years that I have slowed down in my cleaning. One thing I can't stand is clutter and so my house always looks tidy but not always free of the dust bunnies.

How do you manage to capture photos of insects so magnificently? I adore your bee photos and the ones you take of butterflies and dragonflies.

Tony sends his thanks for the Father Day's wishes you sent him.

Mow I must get busy here.....get myself some breakfast and then get stuck into the ironing. Grrrr that's one household chore I detest!!

Hugs to you and Pogo
Judy xx

Edna B said...

Judy, are you sure your mom wasn't my mom's sister? They sure did act alike! I've taken care of my ironing problem nicely. I don't buy anything that needs to be ironed. lol. You have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

My mother was a good housekeeper too. But not into total perfection. And we were very pamoered by her, well I think my sisters had to do some work,sometimes, but I never was really forcced to do things in the house. Yes, I was rather priviliged.Most of it was done by her and later she had help, by the time my father had a bigger salary, after many years though!. Help came once a week, to do the more straining work in the house, like vaucum cleaning, whiping floors, or window cleaning and such.
Still she kept doing her part too.
I never was and will be as good as my mom in housekeeping, although I try to.
So dust bunnies always will have a little place in my house too LOL!
You have a wonderful day, hope Pogo did eat something of the dogfood by now?
Hug
Kyra