Friday, September 6, 2013

An Ambitious Bucket List

September 6, 2013

The sun is shining brightly, and the temperature is a bit on the cool side yet.  Maybe in a few hours it will be a bit warmer.  I'm at work and the Mrs just got up for her breakfast.  I think it's going to be a long day because she is so full of crabby this morning. 

I found an interesting article in the newspaper a couple of days ago that I want to share.  It seems that Ms Anderson from New Hampshire has just checked off another item on her bucket list.  She completed a safety class, and last Sunday she drove a race car eight laps around the New Hampshire Motor Speedway race track.  Woo Hoo!  Ms Anderson just turned 88 years young this week.

Driving the race car was one of the last items on her extensive "to do" list which included trips to 45 states and more than 20 countries.  She has also been rafting in Canada, flown in a twin-engine plane over Alaskan glaciers, kissed the Blarney Stone in Ireland and hiked in Israel.  My hat's off to you Ma'am. 

I want to share a couple of photos with you before I have to get back to work here.   This first photo is a gorgeous butterfly enjoying my butterfly bush.  The second photo is one of my roses that just blossomed yesterday.



Now I must get busy here.  "Ms. Crabapples" is almost finished with her breakfast and will be wanting to be bathed and dressed.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Sounds like the Mrs is not being pleasant again. She's fortunate to have someone with your patience to care for her.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I guess when you get that old it is okay to be crabby ... if it is only once in awhile. Not sure that is the case with the Mrs. ... Hope your day turned out better than you thought :)

I had to take my daughter to a doctors appointment and now I am working on wedding pictures ... too many wedding pictures. Please, please remind me, if anyone asks me to do this again ... the answer will be NO! I would never want to do this for a living or a hobby ... or for anything else either. I am too old for this stuff :(

Our weather is nice ... very typical fall weather, for the moment. They are saying it is going to get hot again though ... I guess we just have to live with what we get, right? Well,it's late and I need to start dinner so I will check back in probably tomorrow after Izzi's class. You have a nice evening ...

Andrea @From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Your job must be sometimes not so easy, when the Mrs is acting crabby again. Who knows how we will be at that age LOL?.
That lady of 88 years old who finished her to-do list is a very special one! Gosh, I wish I had her energy already now, and for sure when I might reach her age!
We had some thinder yesterday evening and a good rainshower! Don;t know if there was more during the night, I had a really sound sleep, yippee! And when I am really in a sound sleep, you can fire a canon next to me and I will not give a wink!
Hope the Mrs, will be less crabby during the day!
Hug
Kyra