Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wishing Su A Speedy Recovery

December 11, 2012

Good morning.  It's six o'clock, and Pogo and I have just come in from his little jaunt outdoors.  I was surprised though at how warm it was out there.  It's 48 degrees F, and this little gal is not complaining one tiny bit.  I think this is perfect winter weather. 

Gosh, I've been watching the weather channel and the snow that has been/is falling from Wisconsin all the way to Texas.  It also showed a nasty tornado that struck in Florida.  Actually, there were six tornadoes in four states.  Golly, our weather is simply going crazy. 

Folks, for all of you who have visited Su's website and discovered no parts to the collab kit, please be patient.  Su has been in the hospital since yesterday morning.  There's a chance that she might be home later today, but at the moment it's not definite.  I'll keep you updated.  Meanwhile, do send some  good thoughts her way to help speed up the healing process.

Well, yesterday I finally got my little Christmas tree set up.  First I had to do a bit of moving.  I had tucked boxes and bags filled with outgoing gifts under the table that the tree sits on.  Then I realized that once the tree was up, I would not be able to dig the biggest box out from under the table.

Once I had rearranged everything, I could begin the decorating.  I make it sound like such a big chore, however my little tree is really only two feet tall.  Here, I've shut off the lamps to see if I could capture the tree lights glowing.


Pogo helped quite a bit with the decorating.  Everything had to be checked out and sniffed thoroughly before it could go on the tree.  Once everything was set, he walked all around it, sniffing everything to make sure all was well.  Once his job was done, he was tired and gave a big yawn.


I'm looking forward to Christmas morning with my little fellow.  I've already sent my letter to Santa, asking him to leave lots of little packages for Pogo to open.  After all, my little guy has been very very good.

One of my next projects will be to go through Tootsie's toyboxes filled with toys and pick out all the new ones.  These will be donated to local shelters if they will have them.  I should have done this months ago, but it hasn't been easy parting with Tootsie's things.

Our local Rocky's Ace Hardware store has been collecting pet food which will be delivered to our local shelters for Christmas.  I've already dropped off four big bags of dry dog and kitty food, and plan to drop more off each week when I go food shopping.  No fur babies should go hungry.

Now I'm going to make another cup of coffee and try to catch up on my emails.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

What a cheerful little tree and I love the stuffed animals sitting next to it ... Pogo is going to love this Christmas with his new forever Mom.

Our Agility group has been collecting food for the shelters and for families that need help in order to keep their pets. The family pet has paid dearly with this recession. We have had so many pets dropped in our unincorporated ares because people can't afford to feed them. Everyone in blog land should find a food pantry or shelter to share some Christmas cheer with ... and then throughout the year. The animals aren't just going hungry at Christmas time.

I am sitting at my desk gazing at a little Santa dog who is wishing me a "Happy New Year". Makes me smile every time I see it ...

I finally got my cards in the mail yesterday. I had to go out and get more stamps and then there were some that I wanted to add notes to, so it took me longer than I thought it would ... But, it is done and I hope everyone enjoys them.

Today I am working on picture gifts. My daughter has colored some beautiful pictures and we made prints to give to her friends. She really does have a good heart.

I have all the pages of my Whooper Book done, now all I have to do is print them. It is really too late to send them to a company to make a book ... maybe next year. I am going to pick your brain about how you do that and also how you made your awesome, awesome calendars. That's for later ...

You asked about Florida. My friend is going to Seattle to a wedding so I don't think we will be going this year ... but, you never know. March is my BD ... I could end up on your doorstep :)

Izzi is ringing her bell so I best go take her for a potty walk. You have a wonderful day Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Lovely tree, I can't get mine to show the lights even if no lights are on in the house but the tree! LOL! Glad Pogo got to help, he probably did a better job than my 3 furgirls...LOL! Hope Su is right as rain soon, will drop her a line to wish her well. Thanks for letting us know! Have a terrific day! Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Sorry to hear about Su. I hope it isn;t something very serious? Pass her my best wishes for recovery!
Your little tree looks gorgeous!
I am sure Santa will not forget your little Pogo!

Sweet of you to drop cat and dog food for the shelters. They can do with a little extra help!

Have a great day!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

You have made one tiny dog very happy with all your love and devotion. He's a lucky little fellow. I'm missing my cats more and more each day but when I think about where to put the litter box I have to wonder if a small dog might not work better for us. Oh well, too soon to figure out. We need to adjust to this new life first before we bring in a new family member.