Sunday, December 2, 2012

Only 23 Days Till Christmas!

December 2, 2012

Good morning.  Wow!  Can you believe it?  Only 23 more days till Christmas!  I'm at work, and it's not daybreak yet.   It's 30 degrees F at the moment.  The weather man says we can expect drizzle and temps reaching 56 degrees.  Well, the 50 degrees will feel good. 

Yesterday, Pogo and I got a big surprise when we went outdoors for his morning sprinkle.  Everything was covered with snow.  However,  even when it is snowing, there is beauty out there if you look for it.  We have a pink rose tree outside the living room windows, and it is still blooming.   I took photos so that you could also see what put a big smile on my face.  Aren't these gorgeous?



Wow, I'm watching the weather channel, and California is getting hit with lots of rain and floods.   Gosh, what is happening with the weather?  Never in my life have there been so many devastating storms.  They just keep on coming with no let up. 

I'm thinking that this would be a good time to start working on those water pipe lines in anticipation of upcoming droughts and fires.  If Teddy Roosevelt were president, I'll bet he would have the water pipe lines already half built.  The unemployment rate would be cut in half, and our economy would be on the upswing.

By the way, has anyone noticed or is it just me?  Whenever bad storms hit other countries around the world, we are there immediately with billions of dollars in aid, plus food, clothing, medical and building supplies.  And manpower.  These past few years, we have been hit with several extremely devastating storms.  I haven't heard of any of these other countries coming here with money and aid to help us get back on our feet.  Did I miss something?

Another depressing thing, yesterday on the news the president said he plans to cut social security again to help pay off the humongous debt he has built up.  Why are we cutting social security?  This is money we have paid in all our lives and expect to get back once we reach a certain age.  If congress would stop using our money for other projects, we would be okay.  If the president would keep his fingers off this particular purse, a lot of elderly folks could breathe a bit easier.

Okay, now I'm getting testy.  Time for me to close the laptop and go check on the Mrs.  Soon it will be time to go home.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wow, there's nothing more beautiful than a rose in the snow. I love snow and I love snow pictures. So far we haven't had any snow and it is still getting up in the 60's here, in December ... can you believe it?

I agree we need infrastructure money to rebuild and to creat jobs. I think we should look at Congress as the culprit ... there are jobs bills and infrastructure bills that have been introduced ... what happened? It 's called gridlock or obstructionism depending on your point of view. Politics before Country. Did you ever think you would see it.

I know what you could get Pogo for Christmas ... some snow boots. That way, with his boots and a nice coat, he can enjoy his sprinkle time :) My Izzi is a treat hound. Unfortunately she has trained with treat rewards so she will do anything for a treat. I can be standing talking to someone else and she will be on the floor going through her repertoire of tricks trying to get my attention so I will reward her with a treat. I think if there is anything I would try to undo, it would be that because we are constantly fighting a weight problem. We have weaned back on the treats a lot, but she will always be looking for them. The up side of that is that it is easy to find her Christmas presents. :)

Well, I have committed this day to catch up day. I am going to get my gifts in order and ready to wrap so I can at least have most of that under control when my Christmas cards come. It takes some time to get those stuffed, licked, stamped and mailed. Slowly but surely Edna ... you will make it to Christmas, I hope I will be right behind you.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mats World said...

Those roses in the snow are so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them! I agree with you 100% about our president leaving SS alone! But his goal is to bankrupt us completely!
I have been so busy I haven't had much time for my computer so I apologize for not leaving comments, but I have read all of them this morning! Have a terrific week ahead! hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

That rose is gorgeous!

smiekeltje said...

The rose looks beautiful, but we don;t want snow, do we???
Eveyrwhere presidents, premiers and government people are talking about cutting down costs enormously, and you hear mopstly about the things we cannot afford to loose, like social security, job aid, health care and more.
Our government promised(hahahah) that the low and middle incomes, so let's say salay of the "average"worker wouldn't be touched. Guess what? They loose the most of their income next year.
Oh they did lower a little bit I think taxes on wages, but forgot to tell that that taxes of the city are going up, taxes for watersystem, taxes on a lot of things, like the Vat from 19 to 21 or even 23%, so all together there is less to spend.
And they cut a bit in defense(almost nothing) and pretend that they will do big things in the banking culture(like salaries and bonus pays), that's talk, and not much else.
We have to think about it,we are forced to, but as much as possible don;t do that, it makes you all depressed!
Still wishing you a great day LOL!
Hug
Kyra