Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It's The Day After Christmas, And All Is Well

December 26, 2012

Good morning.  It's 5 a.m. and in a couple of hours I'll be going home to spend some fun time with Pogo.  Thank goodness the snow did not build up anything much.  Just enough to cover everything with a light blanket of white.  Tonight we will be on a high wind watch through Thursday.  Then I guess we'll be getting more snow by Sunday.   Of course!  That's when I come back to work next!

The Mrs had a very nice Christmas, and was quite mellow and tired by the time I got here last evening.  Once she was all tucked in bed for the night, I was able to have a nice chat with Su via Skype messaging. 

For whatever reasons, we were all forced to change from Windows Live to Skype for messaging.  I suppose at some time this will feel easier.  But for now, it is a pain in the neck.  It took me 45 minutes to figure out how I might get into Skype in order to chat.  They just would not accept my email, name or password.  Grrrr.

However, I did finally get in, and had a wonderful learning lesson.  Su is so smart!  Every time we chat, she teaches me something new about Photoshop.  She is beginning to feel much better.  We talked it over and I think we've decided that she will post her parts to the kit during January, and I will post some new freebies. We are aiming to be back on track with the kits by February.  If it changes, we'll let you know.

I took a few photos of the gifts under my tree to share.  There wasn't enough room under the tree so some stuff spilled over to the floor nearby. 


See the jar in the front?  Well, it has a butterfly in it that flutters about, and is quite fun to watch.


My little tree now has six new ornaments, that have been given to me (and Pogo) since I started blogging.  It really is a tree of fond memories.


The one thing that I had asked Santa for was a point and shoot camera that I might carry about sometimes instead of my DSLR.  As usual, he was v-e-r-r-y good to me!  This is what he brought for me to play with.


So now, I have lots of learning to do all over again.  It is much lighter, and I've taken a few pretty good photos with it so far.  However, there is a lot to learn about how to use the settings, close-ups, etc.  I see another very busy year coming up for me!

Now I think I'll catch up a bit with my emails and do a bit of blog reading.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I've heard good things about the power shot - but then in my mind ALL canons are good. :)
I've thought about getting a lighter smaller camera also sometime, but not sure if I could learn yet another system so I just drag my big one around with me.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I see Santa was good to you ... how exciting. A new camera to play with. I am still learning about my camera and I have had it for two years. Problem being, I can learn settings, but if I don't use them all of the time, I forget. Then the learning process starts all over. I am not sure I can call that "learning" ... I mean, learning implies that it will stay with you and that isn't what is happening here. Old does have it's down sides :(

My Christmas was very nice. Everyone loved their gifts and my ham was delicious, if I do say so myself:) Even the pets got into the mood. Izzi was big on the treats and the cats loved their new toys, but were more interested in eating the ribbons.

Today I move on to regular life ... like clean up and put away. I have to get the card table out of the garage to set up for my Bird visiter. Of course the card table is behind a whole slew of stuff so that is going to be a major project. I want to get it into the house today so it has a day or two to get to room temperature. Friday will be a Christmas rerun for my Granddaughter then it is back to real life for another year. That's a good thing, right?

Our snow has turned to ice so the Frisbee game has become tricky. Not for Izzi, of course. She has built in spikes to keep her from sliding ... but I have to walk like an old lady (huh?) to keep from falling.
Anyway, our weather report is much like yours. Windy and cold and maybe some light snow showers.

Do you have a camera in your computer? Skype is how you can talk face to face if you do. I don't yet, but I may get one for my birthday. Then I will try using skype to talk to and see my friends. That may not be a good thing ... I may have to start combing my hair when I get up instead of hours later. In the winter I have hoods on so no one can see my bed head when I go out. I consider it a privilege to be able to look messy or neat when ever I want ... comes with maturity, Ha! Anyway, maybe we will be able to skype each other down the road ... woundn't that be fun :)

Well, better go. I need to get my ambition up and go out for the card table. You have a wonderful day with Pogo, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

P. S. The ornament looks awesome on your tree :)

smiekeltje said...

Wow, Santa has been good to you and Pogo LOL.
That new camera looks awesome.
We had a rather wet Christmas over here and just at the time yesterday evening we had to leave for the visit it raines! Yak.
Today it looks rather well again, and we have to start "normal"life back again.
But i always have trouble with the "starting up" a bit ROFL.
Oh well, it all will haooen, sooner or later.
Enjoy your days off.
Hug
Kyra

smiekeltje said...

P.S. I already didn;t use Windows Live for a long time now. Ghee, if that disappears too, we should try something else. Never used Skype, no idea how that works. But I also seem to be able to chat from my Gmail.
Hmmm, that will be a problem to solve for later.