Friday, January 29, 2010

Trying Out My New Toy

January 29, 2010

Br-r-r-r!! It's cold outside. The wind howled all through the night, and this morning has quieted down. Today's high temperature is only supposed to be about 20 (Fahrenheit). It must be a senior thingy, but I am just not crazy for the cold weather.

I brought my teleconverter with me this morning to see what differences it can make in some of my photos. Unfortunately, it's early, so there aren't many critters feeding in the backyard yet. I did capture one hungry little squirrel, and photographed him with and without the teleconverter. Keep in mind, I don't have my tripod here with me, so the photos aren't as clear as they could be, but you can still see the difference.

Without teleconverter:


With the teleconverter:
I think when I am able to use my tripod, I will be in for a delightful surprise. I was going to go to the park this week for a photo shoot, but an eye infection has kept me close to home. Hopefully, it will be cleared up by the beginning of the week, or I shall have to call my doctor.
*
Last night, I finally had a chance to chat with Snowy on MSN for a while. Seems lately by the time dinner is finished, I'm usually tired and turn in early. So last night's chat was a nice treat.
*
Yesterday, I went online looking for a quote, and stumbled across a fantastic blog. It was filled with stories and poetry written by Shelley Powers. One story she wrote was for her cat. By the time I got to the second and third paragraph, I was quite weepy. I know, I'm a sap when it comes to animals. Oh well. The story was written with so much feeling, it was incredible. Then I read a few more of her items. What a treat! You really should have a look. And if you have kitties, please read "Just A Cat." http://shelleypowers.burningbird.net.
*
Now I must start setting up the Mrs' breakfast tray. Today is a working day. Y'all have a marvelous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: