Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snizzle In The South!!

January 30, 2010

Yesterday, my son had to put his little Mama dog, "Chrisey" down. She is getting on in years, and her health has been deteriorating. I am so sorry for you GaryJr. Find peace in all the wonderful memories you have of her, and know that her soul is now at Rainbow Ridge.
*
Today is very cold outside. The weather station says it is around 18 (Fahrenheit), but it feels closer to zero. It was only about 2 degrees above zero during the night I think. By Monday, we should get a heat wave - about 24 degrees (Fahrenheit). Woo Hoo.
*
I'm watching (on TV) the snow in Virginia and North Carolina. Both states have been declared storm emergencies. Right now they are showing the snow in Charlotte, North Carolina. They are calling what they have "snizzle." Not much snow, but it is getting slushy and freezing. Their news journalist is showing them how to shovel the stuff up properly so they don't have a heart attack.
*
In all fairness, I should say that is the southern part of the state. Further north, they have a bit more snow. I just talked with Audrey, (she is in the southern most part of Virginia) and she says they have about six inches of snow, which means that the northern part of North Carolina also got a few inches. It looks as though Norfolk, Virginia is getting quite a bit of snow, with terrible visibility.
*
Sad to say, these southern states just don't know how to drive in this type of weather, nor do they know how to clean it up. According to the new journalist on TV, they mostly just figure that the temperature will warm up and melt all the snow and ice. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it is going to warm up any time soon.
*
Meanwhile, a bit to the west, some states are having wicked problems with ice storms. Maybe I am lucky to be living where I do. It doesn't make the bad weather any better, but at least we are better equipped to deal with it.
*
Enough for the weather. I have some birdie photos to share that I took yesterday. This is the first time I have seen a starling at the feeders this winter. I believe this is the European Starling wearing his winter coat.
*
Now I shall take my leave. I have a few things to do here, and I want to check on Moo again. He is not feeling so good today. Y'all have a good day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Yai-that's actually a bird I know this time,lol
Hugs Snowy