Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Childhood Dreams

January 27, 2010

It's a beautiful sunny morning today. Yesterday, about two hours after I posted my blog, the rain cleared up. We still had a lot of very dark clouds, but at least the rain held off. I really shouldn't complain though. Come summertime, we'll be complaining about the lack of rain, and the lower water table!

Little by little, I'm starting to get back into my designing groove here. Yesterday, I actually got half of my April DD's done. Today I hope to finish it up and get it all into folders. I also have to start scrapping more pages. I've been very lax in that area lately.

Also, it's time to order my newest blog book, July through December 2009. These books are a wonderful way to journal your day to day life. When you think about it, they are sort of like scrapbooks in their own way. Funny, I always wanted to write a book, and now I have. Granted, it's not quite what I originally had in mind, but still it's my own book.

As I look back over my life, I see that a lot of the dreams that I had for myself really did come to be. Maybe not always the way I had planned, but a lot of them were realized. Like other little girls, I wanted to be a fashion designer, a model, a teacher, and everything else glamorous. Well, I did make a lot of mine and my children's' clothes for years, I did get to model for a camera club, and I did teach crafts and ceramics at local schools and in my own store.

Oh yes, I also wanted to own my own craft store and my own house, and I wanted to go to college. Thank you Lord, I got to do all of that too. Most of all, like everyone else, I wanted to be important. Well, when my children tell me they love me, and my Tootsie gives me a lick, I know I accomplished that too. I am a very lucky lady.

Now on to some beautiful bird photos. I know, I know, is that all there is to photo? Don't fret, pretty soon there will be lovely flowers everywhere just waiting for me and my camera. For today, I have photos of Cardinals. This is one really beautifully colored bird.






















This next photo was a "fluke" shot as the Cardinal was quickly flying away. I would like to be able to take this type of photo better, but that will take a while.
*


















And finally, here is Mrs. Cardinal, very busy shopping for food.
It's time for me to start my day now. Miss Tootsie wants (not really, but they are necessary!) her meds, and I could use a fresh cup of coffee. Y'all have a fantabulous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

beautiful photos today Ms Edna!