Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

November 18, 2008

Oh, Happy Day! Tootsie's stitches came out today and her doctor said everything was looking really good. The lump is even smaller today, and she was able to start her chemo again. That and the fact that we are now up to six weeks apart for the treatments (we were hoping to be at six weeks by February or March), is a really great feeling.

Wayne, my PC fixer upper guy, came by to see if he could straighten out this wayward computer of mine. My favorite music program is corrupted, I guess. How'd that happen? I dunno! If I want to continue to use it, I will have to buy a brand new (and more current) copy, and re-install. Meanwhile, I will just have to use the Windows player, which he was able to re-set.

For supper tonight, Moo made us macaroni and butter. Add black pepper and milk to a bowl of this macaroni, and you've got YUM! YUM! YUM! Do any of you remember World War 2? If you do, do you remember your mom making this for your supper sometimes?

If you do, then you remember the brand new product called "oleo margarine." It was sort of like a bag of lard with a dot of yellow food coloring in it, and you squeezed the bag until all of the oleo margarine had turned yellow evenly. You know, we were all poor as church mice, but we had all the newest contraptions. More on this tomorrow.

Before I leave you, I'll share a photo that I took on November 17th at 7 am est.When I looked up at the sky, the moon was still there surrounded by beautiful blue. Of course, you know this is a photo that I just cannot pass up. After I cropped the photo, I duplicated it and enlarged it so you could see how beautiful this moon was. It almost looked like Earth. I'd be very interested in your comments. Enjoy,
Hugs, Edna B.

Morning Moon, 11-17-08
















Close-up of "Morning Moon"

3 comments:

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Hi Edna, Being from Wisconsin, the Dairy State it was illegal to buy "Oleo". Many took the trip about 30 miles away to Iowa and brought it home for the whole neighborhood. Our "poor" supper was french crepes. Eggs and flour and milk fried in butter. Yummie and better than pancakes in my estimation.


INGREDIENTS
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and oil. Process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.

Enjoy!
Mary Ann

I really like the contrast of the sky in the larger version...maybe a little burning in PS will add it to the enlarged moon.

smiekeltje said...

YIPPEE for Tootsie!
Andgreat picture, with that and some blended fairy or wizzard or so added to it you could have a fun picture!
Hugs

Marianna said...

YAY for Tootsie!!! I'm so glad she is on the mend.
Love the moon shot! I always have a quack of a time photographing the moon. Nice work :)