Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Is That Really Tootsie?

November 5, 2008

Daughter in law came by today and we went shopping. Of course! What else would two charming ladies do on a beautiful day like today. I found two pretty throws for Tootsie's little weekend bed (for when she stays with Uncle Moo). One was mauve and one was orange, and both had a label that said "no pilling." That was the clincher. I bought them, brought them home and popped them into the washer on gentle cycle. When they came out of the dryer, there were little "pill balls" everywhere. I am so disappointed, and the blankets go back tomorrow.

Did everybody vote yesterday? I hope so, because it is your privilege to do so. Did you notice how different voting is now compared to what it used to be? Used to be, you went in to the booth alone, and there was no talking, laughing, etc. The booth next to me sounded like a party going on with all the giggling and laughing. Turns out it was two booths side by side having a grand old time for themselves joking and laughing back and forth. I don't know about you, but I consider voting a serious matter.

Enough of that. Time to start thinking about the upcoming holidays, and how to be ready on time. That's a chore for me lately, because I always seem to be just a bit behind. Tomorrow, I will dig out all the things that I have bought and put away, and make a list so that I know where I stand. I think I'm in pretty good shape.

Next week, another favorite TV series of mine is starting up again. Top Chef. I'm not into the cooking so much as I enjoy watching how the contestants put together the weekly meal assignments. When someone does something really well, it is fascinating to watch.

I'm done chawing on your ear tonight. I'll leave you with this upside down photo of Tootsie. One of my photo assignments this week was to take a photo of what I was doing from another position other than standing. While I was on the floor playing with Tootsie, I set the camera on the floor and pointed it up, ZAP! If nothing else, it's a unique photo. Enjoy,

Hugs, Edna B.


No comments: