Monday, November 24, 2008

Br-r-r-r!!

November 24, 2008

Ever heard the expression "It never rains, but it pours"? I was only at work a little while last night when Moo called me to give a rather big bunch of bad news. The cellar was full of smoke, (no fire, thank God) and the furnace had to be shut off. He put in an emergency call to the furnace repair man and then waited. It was in the teens last night. Br-r-r. By 12:30 am and several calls to the burner repair service, no one had shown up. By 7:30 this morning when a service man came, the house was very, VERY nippy.

Finally, at 4:30 this afternoon, comes the rest of the bad news. The furnace has a crack in it and the whole shebang has to be replaced. Now isn't this really special! And to put a bit of salt on the wound, my 2009 car insurance bill came in the mail. Oi! I guess the good news is that at least we will have heat tonight. Golly, I just hate the cold.

I suppose this is a good time to share a photo that I took a few mornings ago. Our photo assignment was to take a photo indoors without a flash. Very early in the morning, I went to look out the window at work, and the windows were all frosted from the cold. I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the window. Interesting.

I can feel the heat beginning to come up now, so I'm going to see about maybe having some supper. Stay warm, and have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

What a beautiful photo!!

Oh, I ate the cold too! couple of nights ago I added three blankets on my side of the bed. I had a very bad night trying to get any sleep Friday because was just too cold! Now with my three more blankets, including my wool Indian Blanket, it's warm enough to sleep.

Stay warm, my friend!!