Sunday, July 21, 2019

We're Having A Heat Wave!

July 21, 2019

If I wait eight more minutes, I can say Good afternoon!  Well, I'll say it anyway.  Today is another scorcher here in New England.  Well, at least in my little part.  It's making it very difficult for me to breathe.  So far though, I'm hanging in there. 

I haven't done much of anything since early yesterday morning..  Just moving takes my breath away.  So I'm watching a lot of TV.  Isn't it sort of sad how we wait all through the long cold winter for the warm weather to get here, and then when it gets here it's too warm to enjoy? 

Ah well, as long as I can breathe, I still have lots of things to keep me busy.  Needless to say, the Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year.   Wouldn't it be nice if all our beautiful flowers and trees could bloom in the winter?  Hmmm, just thinking out loud.

A lot of folks are really hurting in this wicked heat.  Don't forget to check in with your elders and your sickly or elderly neighbors to make sure they are okay.  I borrowed this chart from the web because I thought it might be helpful.

 
Don't forget to bring your pets indoors.  This heat is brutal on them too.  Don't think that a doghouse is a good protection from the heat.  Read this.


Don't forget your chickens either!  I borrowed this interesting item from the web to share here.  I think it's a great idea!


Last evening, Deanne sent me these photos of my great grandbabies having fun and keeping cool in her pool.  The first photo is Aurora, and the next photo is her brother Xander. 



A few days ago, I ordered a Diamond Dazzle Stick (otherwise known as a Sparkle Pen).  It's used to clean the stones in your rings.  Not  the opals and pearls of course.  It came yesterday morning, and I used it to clean the ring I've been wearing.  Wowsie!  My ring really sparkles now!  It came as a package of three, and the cost is quite tiny.  I'm keeping one stick and giving the others to my girls. 

Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading.  First I'll grab me a fresh bottle of cold water.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all please stay cool, and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Yes, it is hot and I can't stand being outside for any period of time. I rush my fur babies in and out for their potty breaks. I was telling my sister I might have to give up on my garden because I doesn't have the strength to weed it and it's so hot and with my health being like it is, I will probably wait until it get cold to clean the weeds and maybe Spring, I will do the garden. I am not eating well and I know that is what is making me weak. I am basically living on fruit. So it's looking like I will not be having a fall garden unless my life get better. I know chemo is coming in August and that is another set back for a while. I know my family is saying down low, leave that garden alone. (lol) I give most of the veggies away and it make me feel good because I know someone is eating good food when I do veggie hand outs. If I could just eat a good meal when I cook I think I will feel better. I have two containers of beef stew that I made this week. I Put it in the freezer. The food is here, but my appetite is gone. So I am joining you in not moving around very well. (lol) Hope you and Pogo have a great Sunday and stay inside in the air.

Kathy said...

We have several feral cats that I feed and I feel so sorry for them in this weather. I tried to bring them in, but they are afraid of me. So I gave them ice water and food. I haven't seen them today and I hope they are OK. It is just too hot but I hear in a few hours the heat is going to break and it will be better for us. Stay inside like I do in the air. Although I do wish I were in that pool with your great-grands.

Theresa said...

We are supposed to be getting some relief from the heat this week, I hope the same for you. That dazzle stick sounds like something I am going to search out. Those TWO GREAT-GRAND cuties are just precious. Have a blessed and hopefully cooler day dear friend, HUGS!

Buttercup said...

That pool looks so good. It's cooling off a little in NYC, but I'm still staying close to air conditioning. Keep cool!