Sunday, June 23, 2019

It's Already Summer!

June 23, 2019

Good morning.  Tis sunny with temps in the sixties, and in a couple hours temps will make it into the high seventies.  Woo Hoo!  My kind of day.  Tomorrow should be nice too.  Did I mention that it's already Sumer? 

I just went outside to take some photos of the birds and small critters over by the bird feeder.  It's such fun watching them.  We have about five young Blue Jays, a couple young Mourning Doves,  two little Sparrows, two Black Birds, one tiny chipmunk and a half dozen squirrels over there right now.

Well, yesterday I did a stupid thing.  I had closed my little laptop to chat on the phone for a bit.  When I got off the phone, without thinking I unplugged my exterior drive from the laptop.  I mistakenly thought that I had shut off the laptop.  OOPS!  Well, this corrupted a couple of scrap kits that I was using to make new quick pages, and the pages too!  It also corrupted several other files.  This is definitely not my year for the computer. 

So now I decided to do a scan on the exterior drive to make sure everything else was okay.  This was mid-afternoon.  At eleven last night, it still wasn't finished scanning (it's slow!) so I unplugged it and called it a night.  Alas, there is no new quick page for today.  I'll try to make a new one for tomorrow.

This weekend Audrey and Mac have been spending some fun quality time with their two grandchildren, Zach (10) and Alena (6). They went fishing, and in this photo Zack is helping Alena with the fish she just caught.  Afterwards, Zach was helping Alena learn how to swim. 


Meanwhile, Jazzy has been having so much fun with her new kittten, Pickles.  Deanne sent me this photo of one of Pickles' new hiding places.  Kittens are just so adorable.


Well, the fellow from the gutter company came by yesterday to check out my house and give me an estimate for new gutters.  He took lots of photos, and boy oh boy, do I really need new gutters!  I knew it was going to be an expensive job, and I was right.  We spent a few hours discussing the whole situation, and I ended up using all my spending money and then some for next fifteen years or more.  Ah, but I'll have awesome gutters!

Here's a picture of my new book "Lincoln And The Irish."  Well, I finished reading it, and I must say that Mary Todd Lincoln was a really mean person.  Lincoln was quite the remarkable man, and I found the book very interesting.  I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the scenes behind history.


Now I'm going to refresh my cup of coffee and head for the porch.  Photoshop isn't working so good in my regular laptop, but it is working in my little laptop so hopefully I can make a new quick page.  We'll see.

So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Computers are so tempremental, mine was in the shop last month, I was lost without it
What a sweet little kitty, and having so much fun😁
Looks like an interesting read, I love anything about history.
Hugs,
Jo

Angelicastar said...

Aurora is doing better on fishing than I did. I went 5 times last year and didn't catch anything. (lol) She look like she has grown a lot since I saw her last photo. I need Zac to teach me how to fish. It's fun when you are catching fish but it wasn't any fun for me because I had no luck in catching anything. I did catch 2 striped head turtles at Lake Houston. I said I am going to try again one day. Not now because it's too hot. Maybe early fall. I know it's late but I've been cleaning my closet and taking things out to give to charity today. What a job that is. I will do my linen closets next weekend. Have a great night.