Saturday, May 11, 2013

It's A Good Day For Relaxing

May 11, 2013

Good afternoon.  Well, it will be in another five minutes.  Today is my lazy day to just relax and get ready for a very long shift at work.  In another hour, it will be time for a nap.  Even if I don't sleep, it's important to nap before a long shift.  I can usually catch a few winks during the night while the Mrs sleeps, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Tomorrow is Mothers Day, and I want to wish all you ladies a fabulously beautiful day.  I will be spending my day at work with the Mrs.  I will be counting on my Guardian Angels to help me keep my temper under control so that I can behave myself.  Mrs has been rather testy lately, and my tongue gets sore from biting it. 

I just hope that (if and)  when I reach her age, I will be nicer to my caretakers.  I can be quite testy myself, and arguing is like second nature to me.  However, I do realize how difficult the caretaker's job can be, so maybe I will mellow out with age.  (I don't know about that though.  I'm already aged and I haven't changed much yet. lol)

Remember I told you how heavy it rained at times this past Thursday while I was on the way to pick up Jasmine?  Well I have a few photos to share that I was able to get during that rain.  Note the huge dark gray cloud that covers the top of the  photos.  The other end of that cloud (to its right) is a tornado funnel that is touching down in the next town over, just a few miles away.  We were blissfully unaware of this at the time.

The second photo shows another heavy downpour just a few moments later.  In the third photo, you can see another really black could moving in  (bottom left corner).




The rain let up for a few minutes while we were at the school waiting for Jasmine to come out, so I was able to get out of the car and shoot a few photos of the flowering trees.  But not for long!  The downpour started up again and I ran back to the car.  Here's the view from inside my car.


I made a nice texture from one of the photos, which I'll post for you tomorrow.  Today, I have a nice open book frame for you.  This could be used to journal about some special lady in your life.  Enjoy it.


Well, that's all the news for today.  It's time to rustle up some lunch, and then it will be naptime.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

What a rainy dreary day you are having. Ours stopped being rainy and now the wind is blowing hard and constant. I'm still waiting for that nice spring weather!
The image of the rain on the windshield is great - it would make a fabulous texture.

smiekeltje said...

We had some rain too, but it wasn;t like yours! And I am glad it didn;t pour down like crazy.
At the moment we have lower temperatures and on and off going clouds and sometimes a bit of rain. Not the best weather, but we hope for better.
I wonder if you will change a lot when getting older LOL! In a way it's understandable that one gets a bit crappy, you want to a lot of things yourself, but you are not able to anymore so you are depending on thers. It's a hard thing to experience.
Better you take a candy in your mouth, and when you are bound to say something a bit harsh to the Mrs. bite on the candy, because niting your tongue can be very painful ROFL>
Hug
Kyra