Friday, May 3, 2013

Big Smiles For My Face

The sun is shining, and it is just lovely outside this morning.  A wee bit cool but still quite nice.   I'm at work, so this post may be rather short.  Mrs is asleep, but could awaken any moment now. 

Yesterday was one of those "big smiles for my face" days.  I received some nice comments on my duck photo which made me quite happy, and then later in the day I got another big smile.  I had picked Jasmine up after school, and when I dropped her off at home, a little girl from the neighborhood came up to my car. 

At first she just wanted to see Pogo, and then she said "Hi" to me.  I said "Hi, and how are you today?" to her.  She said "good" and then put her hand up to me and said "High Five".  I put my hand up to hers and said "High Five", and in return I got the most beautiful front teeth missing smile.  Then she said "Gosh, your hand is so soft.", smiled again and ran off to play with her little brother.  What a happy way to end my day.

Earlier, while I was at the school waiting for Jasmine, Pogo and I were being entertained by a happy little robin who was looking around for worms.  This robin did not seem to mind the sound of the continuous shoot motor on the camera, so I was able to get a few nice shots.


Now it's time for me to get busy here.  Mrs is beginning to stir and will be calling for me soon.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful happy day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

aquascrap said...

That was a really beautiful way to end your day having that little girl come up to you like that.

The duck photo you posted was amazing. I have tried to photograph birds in flight but they are usually past me by the time I focus in on them and all I end up with is the tail feathers.

It's bedtime for me over here so I will say goodnight and you and Pogo have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine.

Hugs
Judy xx

The Queen Jester said...

I love those kinds of encounters with people, especially children. That had to feel good.

smiekeltje said...

Just a little encounter with a little girl, that gives you a big smile and some nice words can make the day!
I have something like that too, when I am out shopping. Nothing special, but a smile or a little help when searching for a product done with a smile, is making you feel good.
Those little things are the juice of life I guess.
Have happy weekend
Hugs
Kyra