Sunday, May 5, 2013

A New Toy For Me And A Freebie For You

May 5, 2013

Good morning.  Gosh, it is just so pretty outside this morning.  And, the good part is that I get to go home in just a little while.  This morning, I'm taking a couple of the dwarfs with me to go food shopping.  If we get there when the store opens, it won't be so busy and we will be through in no time.

Yesterday, Jasmine was doing some shredding for me, and the darn shredder broke.  Jeepers, things don't last very long any more.  I've only had this shredder for about a year and a half.  But then again, that's about the longest time one of them has lasted for me.  Maybe I just shred too much.  Sighhhhh.

So, this week I will buy a new shredder, and Jasmine can come back another day to finish up.   While I'm out shopping for the shredder, I'll have a look at some of the new tekky toys.  I've been very good, and there must be at least one little new toy that I can find for me.  lol.  Boy oh boy, it doesn't take much for me to convince myself that I deserve a new toy.

Actually, I could use a couple new memory cards for my camera.  I found one on line that is really fast (writing to the card) and yet still affordable.  Later today, I may order myself a couple of those.  I like to have extra batteries and memory cards in my camera bag at all times.

There really isn't much news for this morning, so I'll be packing up my things here to get ready to home.  Before I leave, how about a freebie for you?  A pretty little flower for May, courtesy of Dover. 


I just finished coloring this, but if you'd rather, you can re-color it.  If you don't know how to do this, let me know and I'll try to explain how it is done.  That's it for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It seems that if things break or don;t work anymore, it's always at a time you need them most. Hope you will find a good shredder for not too much.
Have a nice trip wioth the dwarfs for the food shopping.
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

hen we cleaned up at Grandma's my brother and I bought a super heavy duty shredder. It was a pricey shredder, but we ended up buying a second one because we bought it for the estate and both liked it. (It works if there are only 2 heirs and they get the same idea) It's about the size of a small end table and we use that shredder a ton. I can't imagine not having it now. So, when it does die, we'll have to replace it right w=away too.

This one was pricey, but it's been reliable for over three years so far (knock on wood) The brand is Fellowes.

That's not a paid testimonial, either! :)

Hugs, Nani