Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rolling Mist

December 4, 2012

Good afternoon.  For some reason, sleep just would not come last night.  Finally somewhere around four o'clock this morning, I was able to slip off  to sleep.  Shortly after that, it was time to take Pogo out for a sprinkle.  Then I went back to bed for more sleep. 

Wow, I'm watching the weather channel and it says we will have two more days in the fifties, then the temp drops down to mid thirties again.  Radical drop! 

Ever hear the saying "rolling mist"?  It's a common saying, but we don't usually notice that the mist is actually rolling.  Yesterday morning, I went outside to photograph the mist rising in the field across the street.  But it wasn't really rising up, it was rising up on an angle and traveling sideways.  As soon as it looked as though it was pretty much gone, I would stop shooting photos. 

But as I walked away, another wave of mist would roll into the space that I was watching.  And it kept up for more than thirty minutes while I watched.  At that point it was time for me to go home.  I have photos to share here that I took over a thirty five minute period.  I think this is really interesting.






What is the difference between mist and fog?  I'm not quite sure.  I have seen fog roll on by in waves, but not mist.  Well, either way, I thought that this was quite interesting.  Makes me kind of nerdy, huh?  Well, that's okay because Pogo thinks I'm the cat's meow.

Speaking of Pogo, that precious little bundle is curled up in his blanket beside me, and he is so comfy that he is snoring softly.  I'm anxious to see how he acts around all the Christmas presents.  This is surely going to be a fun Christmas.

Well, I've finished up as much of my wrapping as I can until my packages come in the mail.  All I can do today is frame the print that I'm giving to the Mrs.  There are only a few small things that I still have to shop for, but I have plenty of time for that. 

I missed the mail this morning, so the last of my cards will go out in tomorrow's mail.  By  the end of the week, I hope to have all of my packages in the mail.  Then I can set up my little Christmas tree.  Woo Hoo!  But that of course, means that I have a bit of work to do to make room for the table that the tree will sit on.  Ah well, I'll worry about that when I get there.

So for now, I'm going to get dressed and start a load of laundry.  By now you've probably figured out that I like doing laundry.  Well, it's the only part of housework that I can do and you can actually tell that I did something.  As for the scrubbing part, well, I can scrub and clean all day and you would never know that I had done anything.  It's just not my forte.  So for now, Y'all have a fabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

That mist if just fabulous - it has an eerie look to it, kind of like an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You hadn't posted when I checked this morning and I am just getting back to you. According to the dictionary a mist is less dense than a fog, but they are both composed of water vapor hovering close to the earth surface. So now we both know something new :)

I have had nights where I couldn't fall asleep. Frustrating isn't it? I generally don't get to make it up though. My furry alarm clocks get me up for FOOD and by the time I feed them and walk Izzi, I am too awake to fall back asleep.

I am like you ... I think housework is a thankless job. Before anybody notices that I did anything it is a mess again. Maybe that is why I procrastinate the way I do. My hubby does my laundry. He has since my babies were born ... he has always been good about doing his share. Maybe that is why he chose that job, because you can see the results ... I always thought it was because he could sit in front of the TV and fold, HA! But who cares why ... I love that he does it.
I think I am finished with my shopping. I am still working on my book for my friend, but almost done with that. I haven't wrapped one gift, however, and my Christmas cards are still not ready so the pressure is still on. I won't be doing much posting between now and Christmas, but I will be coming to visit and comment. I assume you are sleeping in your bed again ... maybe that is why you couldn't sleep. Your body got used to the sofa, oh my! Well, hope your day was good and you can enjoy another day of warmer weather. We are scheduled for the low 30's by tomorrow. Good Night Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Oh, you ae good this year! Almost ready with all the presents! I can understand you, about the unthankful housework stuff LOL!
Just sometimes you can see truly that I did scrub and cleaned, but the next day.........gone!
Will have to try to get to the ironing today.
Take it easy today! Perhaps just make the place for the tree table and then just do real nice things.
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra