Saturday, December 29, 2012

Here Come The Snow!

December 29, 2012

Good morning on this rather gray day here in New England.  We had a tiny sprinkling of snow overnight, but the big stuff is due here soon.  We're supposed to be getting maybe an inch of snow during the day, and then up to another eight inches overnight (although the weather map shows 6-12 inches) with flurries tomorrow.  We'll just have to wait and see what actually comes our way, but we are ready for it.

Another Christmas box arrived with new photography books and a beautifully framed photo of Pogo.  Thank you so much Mary Ann.  I'll be hanging Pogo's picture on the wall next to Tootsie's picture.  I've already started reading my new books.  I read a bit, grab the camera and check what I've just read about, then back to the book.  This is definitely my kind of fun.

I also have another special gift to share.  My daughter Deanne always give me lottery tickets for Christmas.  This year tickets included one for a new game "High Dollar".  It says "Win $10,000.  Match 3 like amounts - win that amount!"  My ticket had three $10,000 amounts on it so I started right away scratching - and scratching - and scratching.  Finally a bell went off in my head and I stopped scratching because I was just making a mess of the ticket..


On the back of the ticket, under "Official Game Rules" it says.....  "Winning tickets of $100 or more must be sent by mail or in person to the Money Fairy, 123 NoWhere Drive, in Make Believe Land.  Valid only in your dreams.  Any resemblance to a real or implied lottery ticket is what makes it fun.  Odds of winning 0 in 10,000."   How about that?  Anyway, I had fun trying to win the $10,000.

Now it's time for me to make some lunch here.  Pogo is getting restless, prancing back and forth between me and the refrigerator.  lol.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

What a pity it wasn't a real lotery ticket!
Till now were are still snowless, hoorray!
But in Holland you'll never know what comes next. Weather can change here from day to day enormously!
Have lots of fun with your photo books and camera.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O how funny! Glad it didn't cause a heart attack!! I just dropped in to catch up, been a little slack about being on the computer lately! LOL! I want to say thank you for all the fun times of reading your blog, the free advice as well as the free gifts of your talent, time and beautiful photos that you have shared with us this year. I hope that 2013 is healthy, safe, happy and prosperous for you and yours! Especially POGO who found a loving home! Hugs!! Mat