Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Great Weather For Ducks!

January 26, 2010

Wow, what nasty weather we had yesterday!! Not only was it pouring rain, but the wind was howling away and blowing all sorts of things into the streets. On the way to the hospital, we saw a large tree down, a power line down and lying across the road, trash barrels rolling all over the place, and lots of branches on the roads. I'm looking out my window now, and it is still raining. Oh joy!!

At least my Tootsie stayed dry. She doesn't get to wear her rain slicker often, but when she does, it's a blessing. When we walked into the hospital, I looked a bit like a drowned rat, but Tootsie looked charming as ever. She even wore a pretty new shirt under the slicker. What we do for our kids!!

We have to go back out in this nasty weather again today. Tootsie has her 3rd and 4th chemo treatments today, and then she gets a break for another four weeks. I was hoping that the rain would be done, but no such luck.
*
When I was a little kid, I remember grown-ups always had a saying for rainy days. "It's great weather for ducks!" Now that I'm a grown-up, I am a bit perplexed. Why is rain great weather for ducks? Do they really like to waddle around in the rain? Or is it because the rain fills the ponds that the ducks like to swim in? Hm-m-m. Food for thought!

Today, I have a few photos to share. They are of a female Downy Woodpecker. She is just a little thing, but very beautiful.













































That's all for today folks. Now it's time for me to have my coffee and get dressed. The furnace repair man is supposed to be here in about an hour to try to find out why we are using so much fuel. Then shortly thereafter, Tootsie and I have to leave for her appointment. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: