Thursday, July 28, 2022

Bits Of This And That

 July 28, 2022

Good morning.  My goodness, how quickly this month is going by!  In just a few days it will be August already.  

I finally started crocheting on the afghans again.  Just a couple of rows, but at least it's a start.  For some reason I just haven't been in the mood for crocheting lately.  I must get back to it though because I need to have both of these afghans finished before December.

Well, I've been approved to receive a meal every Monday through Friday. (from Elder services)  It starts  today.  This is actually quite a nice deal. 

Here's a cute image that I found on the web.  It seems to suit me every day. 


 Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet?  I already have a couple things set aside to be wrapped.  I'd like to be finished by the beginning of November.  That's just three months away.  Time to get busy!

My tomato plant wasn't doing so good so I had Deanne take it home with her.  I'll have to ask her to take a photo of it so I can see how it's doing now.  I don't know why I grow a tomato plant every year.  It just seems like the thing to do.  

The meals were supposed to start today, but it's almost noon and none has come yet.  I guess there won't be a meal today. Hmmm.

It's time to see what looks tasty in the refrigerator.  Ham and cheese maybe?  Mmmm, sounds good to me.  So, you stay safe and have a fantabulous weekkend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Good for you that you started vcrocheting again. I should do the same but for now I just don;t feel like it.
What a great thing you will have a meal brought by 5 days a week. In the weekend i guess you can rustle up something yourself, or may be sometimes Deanne will brink you something warm.
Oh poor tomato plant, having to move to another house, LOL. I am sure Deanne will take good care of it and bring you the harvest.
Our tomato plants are growing like crazy and some already have starting tomatoes. So it will take still a few weeks I think, but then we should have some.
That sign is bringing a smile to my face. I have days it suits me perfect, although this week I was quite busy for a change.
I already have Christmas presents in the wardrobe, ready to be wrapped. Like to have them there early in the year.
Have a fabulous weekend(hope the meal still did arrive today?),
Hug
Kyra

Kathy said...

I haven't started Christmas shopping yet. Although with how fast time is flying by I guess I really should start to think about it.
Good for you getting meals delivered. I hope your meal for the day showed up.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You have a jump start with your Christmas shopping, I wish I had your enthusiasm, I'm still figuring out back to back family birthdays 😁
Hoping your meals arrive more timely.
Hugs,
Jo

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, It's wonderful that you'll be getting your meals delivered everyday. What a life eh? I'm glad Deanna took your tomato plant to see if she can get it to do better. I am always impatient for my tomatoes. They are still green. It seems like I got one smaller growing plant and the other tall. I have an Early Girl (small plant) and a Big Boy (taller plant).

Barbara said...

Cute graphic. Getting a lot done in one day isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes just taking it easy is what we really need (especially in the hot summer days!!).