Monday, August 1, 2022

Such A Beautiul Day!

August 1, 2022

Good morning.  Today will be partly cloudy with temps in the low eighties.  It's actually a great day if you are needing to work outside today.  I'll have to sit on the porch for a while and enjoy the day.  

First, I'll finish watching my TV programs. Even though I have a TV on the porch, I'm not familiar yet with the programs on it.  I'll have to work on this.  

I'm finally working on the afghans again.  Hopefully, I can finish one of them this month.  Now that would be nice!  I've never had this problem before.  (not wanting to work on my projects)  It must be because all the colors are shades of blue and green.  I guess I won't be using these colors again for a while.

My lunch just came.  It is:  chicken scallopino, parslied rotini, roman vegetables, scala bread, butter, brownie cookie, and blueberry bites.  Sounds yummy!  


Let's all say thank you for today.  It's a beautiful day.  If it's going to be like this all summer, Wowsie!  What a fantabulous summer it's going to be!

Now I'm going to get my things together and head for the porch for a while.  So, till Thursday, Y'all have a safe and fantabulous week.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It's so nice to have a day ahead with nice weather, you feel already a lot better just because of that.
Your meal sounds great. Had to look up some of the ingredients, but now I know it sounds double good.
We had mashed potatoe with mixed in sauerkraut, Jan had some meat with it and i took a chicken leg, fried in the pan. It was yummie.
Tomorrow we will have a Spanish potatoe omelet (tortilla de patatas). Quick but real tasty, specially when made also with some onions.
I can understand you not being very willing to finish the afghans because they are all in green and blue shades. Sometimes one or two colors suddenly don;t feel good and then it is hard to keep going on.
But every day a few rows and you will get to the end.
Have a wonderful day, and yes, it is sometimes a miracle we are still aliveand we should be happy for/with it.
Big hug
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, your lunch sounds a LOT better than what I had today:) And, you didn't have to do much, if any cooking or baking to get it, right? I think I could learn to like that. ha! We are in 80s today too but 90s tomorrow. I probably shouldn't complain about it though because those temperatures will sound really good to me this coming the winter. Good luck with your crocheting!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your lunch does sound especially good today. I'm thankful for a good day today...I love the start of a new month and a new week! Enjoy your evening!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope you enjoyed the porch time, Edna, and I also think that lunch sounded great, even better than what we've had for dinner recently. And, yes, being thankful for a good day and happy is always good and what we should try to do daily.

Theresa said...

Yes, I am thankful for this day. It is still very hot and humid here. I long for a day in the 80s. Have a blessed evening dear friend. Hugs.