Thursday, July 14, 2022

Happy Mac and Cheese Day

 July 14, 2022

Good morning.  It's quiet here. (What else is new?)  Today will be cloudy with 80 degree temps.  Actually a good day for sitting out.

Mac and Cheese is a common staple in most people's lives, often reminding us of our childhoods.  In the United States, it's actually celebrated every July 14th for National Mac and Cheese Day.  (info from Google) Have a big bowl of mac and cheese and enjoy it!

I looked online to see if we could have chickens in Randolph.  It said:  "Any Randolph resident wishing to keep livestock must complete an application, have the property inspected by the Town, notify neighbors and receive approval from the Town Manager.  Permits are valid for one year and must be renewed annually before 12/31."  

Keep these figures in mind when you go out, and don't take your pets with you.  Leaving them in the car can be a death sentence.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE leave them at home.

I think I'll sit out on the porch for a while this afternoon.  After my nap, of course.  It seems like the older I get, the more important my nap becomes.  You too?

Now I'm going to see what's for lunch.  Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I didn't know about Mac & Cheese Day but I did consider having it for dinner. We got sandwiches instead because it is just too hot to turn on the stove. It's close to 100* here today. Not a day to leave your pet or your child in the car.

Enjoy your nap. I agree with you 100%.

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Mac & Cheese sounds good to me too and I may or may not have it today. I want to try out a new-to-me sandwich that Valerie Bertinelli gave the recipe for in her book. We are in the 80s here today too but 90s starting on Sunday and continuing through next week. The hot weather is fine but it's the humidity that I don't like:( Have a wonderful day!

Steve Reed said...

I love mac & cheese! Thanks for looking into the chicken rules -- I really was curious about that.

smiekeltje said...

Didn't know you had a Mac & Cheese day. They have days for everything now.
It isn't that easy to keep livestock, it seems. But i think it is good to have some rules for it.
Today we had a bit cooler temperatures, like around 20-21 b ut next week it will be really HOT! Then it will be better to sit inside or find a good shadowed place.
Oh, a nap can be very important to have and once in a while I have it too.
enjoy your weekend and have some splendid days.
Hug
Kyra

Theresa said...

My husband LOVES mac and cheese, so do the little ones. We always have some in the pantry. Enjoy your porch sitting dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Just learned from this post, Edna, that we missed national mac & cheese day last week. But we did celebrate National Ice Cream day on our Maine getaway.

Beth Reed said...

Edna,

I missed Mac and Cheese, but Jon made some for-dinner night before last to go as a side to the rest of our meal and we finished off a huge bowl, just the two of us and no leftovers in our fridge.
Of course, now we are out, and it is listed on our shopping list!

It is so horrible hearing of children and animals in being left in cars! I hope that people pay more attention and I thank you for posting about something that can happen even in a accident.

I found the information on the chickens interesting. Remember me telling you when we had moved to the duplex that someone had a Rooster? It was so nice to hear him waking up our neighborhood and also the train that came thru every night as I was drifting off to sleep.
It brought happy memories of my childhood and I could use a big dose of happy childhood memories like Mac and cheese for lunch or dinner! I have been known to have mac and cheese for breakfast lol.

Enjoy your days out on the porch my friend. It is so hot here right now that early mornings are the only time that we can enjoy the outdoors right now. I am certainly looking forward to Autumn. xxx