Thursday, July 7, 2022

Tis Another Super Day

July 7, 2022

Good morning.  Today will be sunny with temps at 80F degrees.  It's been really quiet here all week.  

I'm watching TV and there was just an ad for an actor, Don Knotts.  Sad to say, this is one actor that I just never could learn to like.   I don't know why, I just have never liked this person.  Here he is portraying Barney Fife.

I wonder what it is that makes us like or not like certain people.  Mr. Knotts never did anything to make me not like him.  I just never could like him.  He is probably a very nice man.

I'm going to get back to my crocheting today.  I haven't been doing it at all lately.  This is not like me.  It seems like I've had a crochet hook in my hands for several years.  

Today is "Law & Order, Criminal Intent" day on TV.  You know what I'll be watching.  I really enjoy the crime shows.  It's not the crime that interests me, but how each problem gets solved.  Puzzles are great for keeping the mind active.

It's time for lunch now so I'm going to the kitchen to see what looks good for my lunch.  So, you stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

so another lovely day with you.
about yes or no liking people on tv, I have the same. And it's not really important you don;t know them in person. it is probably the way they talk, or behave, or a way of looking you can find a lot of things.
In crime stories it is all about the way they are solved, of course, and the good stories are the ones, that keep putting you on the wrong trck and only at the end you find out who did it and perhaps why.
we have a less good day here with the weather, it is cooler,around 18C, tomorrow little bit better but then temperature will go up in big steps. Wonderful.
Wonder what you did find for your lunch?
You have a fantastic weekend, watch a lot of crime stories etc. take a bit of air on the porch enjoy the flowers and birds.
Hug
Kyra

Barbara said...

I think liking or disliking a person is similar to feelings. Feelings are neither good nor bad --it's what you do with them that makes the difference.

So if we don't like a person, as long as we treat them decently, isn't that all we need to do? I think so. It's when we abuse them in some way that makes the difference.

So if you don't care for Don Knotts, that's okay. You can devote your admiration to those you prefer.

This has been thought-provoking. Blessings to you, Edna.

Theresa said...

We watch Andy Griffith every night while we eat dinner. Barney is a little bit nutty:) Enjoy your day dear friend, I love all of those shows that you watch! HUGS!