Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy July Fourth

July 4, 2022 

Good morning.  It's been a really nice weekend.  Quiet, but nice.  It seems the older I get, the quieter it gets around here.  Hmmm.  Does that mean that I'm a noisy person?

This whole week will be sunny with temps in the eighties.  Great "sitting out" weather!  I may even eat my lunch out on the porch today.  Sounds like a great plan to me!

Today I'm going to share two more of my lilies.  The red ones and the light pink ones.


I think it's amazing that these beautiful flowers come in so many awesome colors.  Many years ago, I thought they only came in purple or yellow.  How great to be so wrong!

I've decided to blog twice a week now.  On Monday and Thursday.  There's just not enough happening in my life to chat about more than twice a week.  Hopefully that will change.  It's nice to have it a little bit busy now and then.  

It's time to start thinking about next Christmas, and what to get or make for gifts.  I have no ideas at the moment, but I'll think about it for a while.  Usually, I'm half done putting things aside to be wrapped by now.  Not so this year.  I'm a bit behind myself.  

Ah well.  It's lunch time now so I'm off to see what's in the refrigerator.  You have a safe and fantabulous week.

Hugs, Edna B..

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Your lilies are beautiful and they come in so many colors!
Having lunch on the porch seems a good idea to me. Something good to drink aside and watching a bit of tv, all in a nice temperature, life can be easy but lovely like this.
Blogging twice a week is okay, as long as you let us know(as you just did hahah). Why making it difficult for yourself if you can otherwise.I find it already hard to blog once a week on the sunday, but still =manage to get a post done.
Enjoy your porch time, have some fantastic days, till Tursday!
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

I'm about a three time a week blogger and it works for me. I'm just beginning to think about holiday shopping, too. I'm going to put a list together and when I'm out and see something -- or see sales -- I'll be organized. Have a good week!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, It sounds like you have your day all planned:) Enjoy sitting out on your porch. Don't forget to get your TV set up out there. I wish we had a quiet July 4th around here. My poor dog was so scared when the fireworks went off for the past 3 nights until midnight each night. Started Friday thru last night. He is so terrified of the noise. I live near enough to a couple parks where fireworks were being shot off and a neighbor behind my house was shooting off fireworks. They were beautiful and, if not for my dog's reaction, I would have enjoyed them. Oh well... once a year for my poor dog. Have a great day!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my , your lilies are so beautiful. I saw a neon orange one in the front yard today. I should have snapped a photo. I will go out early to water and pray it is still ok. W ehave had such hot weather but slight afternoon or early evening showers. Hoping your fourth of July weekend was a great one. We did lots of entertaining but never made it to stay up late for the fireworks from the city of Thornton. Nick sent me a shot he captured just as I was drifiting off to sleep. It was quiet or we were sound asleep because we neever heard any noise after 10 oclock. HAve a blessed rest of the week. HUGS & PRAYERS

Theresa said...

OH how beautiful! I love pretty blooms and the colors, I only have yellow:) We have had lots of rain lately and that helps the flowers and grass! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those flowers are really beautiful, Edna, and I wondered if they were oriental lilies as our VA neighbor used to have so many in her garden years ago. We only had day lilies, but in addition to the common orange ones, we had ones in various shades as we bought them from a day lily farm. we had a quiet July 4th holiday spend at home and watching wireworks in the evening from the river bank near the mill apts.

Many folks have reduced their blogging, including myself. I try to go around and read other bloggers posts once a week. There are some who post daily, but I'm unable to comment that often. Sometimesl, there isn't a lot to post about and that's OK too. As for Christmas gifts, I will think about them later in the year. You are so much better prepared for even thinking about them now.