Monday, May 17, 2021

Keeping An Eye On Nutrition

May 17, 2021

Good morning.  The sun is shining and my phone app says today will be a super day with temps near seventy degrees.  I'm hoping to spend some time on the porch today.  Yesterday was a gorgeous day but I spent more than half of it under my covers with chills.  Where they came from I have no idea, but by mid afternoon I was feeling much better.

Yesterday, Deanne picked up some small sub rolls for me so I made a ham, cheese and lettuce sub sandwich for lunch.  Mmmm, tasted so good that I had another one later for my supper.  One of the perks of being elderly is being able to eat whatever you want for your meals.  Of course, that's as long as you don't look at the "Nutrition" labels.

Later today I think I'll start my new notebook that lists the foods that I "can have" or most importantly "want to have" and their nutritional values.  I understand the value of eating only "healthy" foods, but I have no intentions of living on fish and nuts.  My compromise is that I will TRY to stay fairly close to what I should have (nutritionally).

Thanks, Robyn.  You gave me such a wonderful giggle when I read your comment regarding keeping a dying plant alive.  I could easily just buy another mosquito plant, but my nature is to do whatever it takes to keep this one alive.  Obviously, it's not going to ward off any mosquitos this year, but then maybe it will be big enough next year to scare a few.

I didn't do any crocheting yesterday, but I did demolish a ton of junk mail.  Last night, I decided to polish off that last bottle of beer that has been in my refrigerator for some time now.  I don't know if it was a good idea or not because it put me to sleep even before I finished all of it.  Can you tell, I'm a cheap date?

This afternoon I'll get back to my crocheting.  And I'll go out and take some photos of my beautiful yellow irises.  They don't last very long, but they sure are pretty. Here's an image that I borrowed from the web to share.  It's a great thought to live by.


And here's another beautiful image that I borrowed from the web.  It's so easy to make a difference in someone's life.  And it doesn't cost anything to Care.  

Now I think I'll do some blog reading.  Then I'm off to find some fun mischief to get into.  So, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Sometimes we just don;t know where we caught a chill, it's just there and making you feel unpleasant.But happy to hear you are feeling a lot better today.
So good of you to have the intention to look after the things you eat. Well, every little thing can already help, but food should also be comforting, and not only depending on lists.
Take some time on the porch if it is warm enough, and I hope your mosquito plant will survive LOL!
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra

smiekeltje said...

Seems my comment of yesterday disappeared somewhere. Hope you didn;t wonder too much of what happened. Sorry, I must have hit the wrong button(or none at all) LOL.
Another hug(the one from yesterday)
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I think you're right not to live off "fish and nuts," as you put it. We all need a little nutritional evil now and then. :)

Beth Reed said...

I am sorry that you did not feel well yesterday and that you had the chills. I hope that today is a much better day for you.
I am sorry I didn't get to call you back. Matt is here and I am trying to get a few things scheduled. Have a awesome day, xoxoxo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, I am late in blog reading as we have been away for a few days. Sorry to read you were not feeling well, but happy to read that you are doing better. Sitting outside in the warmth should help you feel better too. And it is so true that to make a difference in someone's life, all it takes is to care.