Sunday, May 9, 2021

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY

May 9, 2021

Good morning.  Happy Mothers' Day to all the Moms out there.  I wish you all a fantastic day full of hugs and smiles.  

Yesterday, Deanne and Eddie and I went to Home Depot to pick out tomato plants.  I got two, one large one and one a bit smaller.  This morning I ordered two plant nets from Amazon to cover my tomato plants.  This year, maybe I can eat some tomatoes from my plants.  I also bought a few flowering plants and a large hanging pot of petunias for my porch.  

On the way home, we stopped at Ocean State Job Lot where I bought a few snack treats.  That proved to be a bit too much walking for me so we headed home.  After all the bundles were put away, the kids surprised me with a beautiful new planter (and plant).  

It a gorgeous pink Flamingo and an orange Hibiscus plant.  I've never seen an orange Hibiscus before!  I'll have to take some close up photos of it later in the week to share.  This morning I ordered some Hibiscus plant food from Amazon.  

After breakfast this morning, I opened the box that Audrey sent me.  Oh my!  I'll leave this surprise for tomorrow's post because I want to take a photo of it first  to share here.  Between phone calls, texts and cards, I've heard from all my friends and loved ones.  I'm a happy old lady today!

I did take photos of my other new plants, but now I have to crop them so that I can share them here.  Later this week, Deanne will come over and help me re-pot a few things.  Hopefully, we'll be able to re-pot some of my Aloe Vera plant.  It's been going hog wild popping up new plants.  

This weekend Deanne and Eddie are also celebrating their Anniversary.  I wish you a Happy Anniversary and many more happy years together.  I love you.

Now I'm going outside to see how my new plants made it through the night.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Perhaps a bit exhausting, but for sure you had a beautiful day yesterday. That hanging pot with petuni's is beautiful and you just have to fall in love with the flamingo pot. And yes, there are orang hibiscus and aren;t they beautiful??

I am curious about the present Audrey sent you, you like to to write kind of suspense blogposts sometimes, aren't you?

I am sure your plants made it okay through the night, they are a bit sheltered on the porch.

Congrats for Deanne and Eddie's Anniversary.

Have a wonderful day, take your rest afer your plant expedition.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Mother's day! Have a beautiful day sweet lady!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Ms. Edna !
Looks like you had a fun day yesterday, I'm loving that flamingo planter :)
Hugs,
~Jo

Theresa said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! I ADORE the flamingo planter, so fun! Enjoy your day and week ahead, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your Mother's Day gift plants look lovely, Edna, and glad you apparently had a wonderful day. Walking around stores can get tired after a while, so hope you had a good rest when back home, my friend.