Thursday, May 13, 2021

Always Something To Keep Me Busy

May 13, 2021

Good morning.  Today should be the beginning of a string of nice days.  I'm looking forward to spending some time out on my porch.  In a couple hours, I'll take my crocheting and a cup of coffee out there and spend some time watching the birds and little critters.

My breathing has been getting increasingly worse these past few days.  This morning I found the reason.  My large oxygen concentrator was not putting out any oxygen.  All this time I've been thinking that my meds might need to be adjusted, and it was all because I was not getting any oxygen.  

I did call the company that owns the machine, and they were trying to fix it over the phone.  They are supposed to do maintenance checks on their equipment at least twice a year.  I don't ever see them unless I call them to come out.  They finally said that they would be out sometime today.  That could mean as late as eight o'clock tonight.  (yup, they have come out that late before)

I think once they fix this machine, I'm going to call my insurance company and let them know about the lousy service they are paying for.  I would buy my own machines but they are very expensive.  Plus, I would need to find out who would be servicing them.  

On a happy note, my new tomato plants look awesome.  The netting that I had ordered to cover them with was supposed to be here now but for some reason it got held up somewhere.  Now it is supposed to be here by Monday.  I hope so.  My big tomato plant has a few yellow blossoms on it.  If they turn into tomatoes, I'd like to keep them for myself.  (not the critters)

The Columbine plant has buds getting ready to blossom.  Within days, I think.  I'll be sure to take a photo to share.

Today is going to be really busy.  I have a grocery order coming shortly after lunch.  Most of that will go into the big freezer.  Then I'll be all set again for a while.  Maybe this afternoon I'll start working on those new food charts.  We'll see.

For now, I'm going to make a cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  I have some catching up to do.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Wow, good you found out why you couldn't breath so good anymore. It is not such a good service of the company, just coming over for checking when you call. May be the insurance company can help in it.

Hopefully they will come not too late today for your oxygen machine control/fix.

Your tomatoe plant looks great as well as the columnine(love those plants)

I did have my coffe this morning in the garden, and it was tasting better than normal hahaha.
Take it easy a bit today, when your breathing is bothering you.
Put the things that are frozen right into the freezer and probably other things can wait a bit.
Have a lovely time at the porch,
Hugs
Kyra

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Glad to hear you're supposed to be getting some pleasant weather - no such luck here yet! Those tomatoes should be good.

Theresa said...

I sure hope you get your oxygen machine figured out or replaced. My Daddy had one of those as well as the portable one. Gotta get that figured out. My tomatoes are blooming and we have one tiny tomato:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!