Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Where Have The Bees And Butterflies Gone

August 14, 2018

Good morning.  Today is supposed to be like yesterday.  Comfy temps, cloudy with showers on and off.  I'll take it. 

Today's project is to try to clean out the back room.  A friend is coming by to help, and I have totes to put things in that I'm keeping.  Years ago, Michael and I squished two households and two businesses into this small apartment.  Over the years, we got rid of some of it, but now it's time for the rest of it to go.

I think I might be calling Pogo's doctor to make an appointment for a check up soon.  He's not eating right and I'm worried about him.  He didn't want his supper last night, or any breakfast this morning.  He's just not his usual self. 

I dug into my photo archives and found a photo of Pogo about a month after he came to live with me.  Deanne's "Sassy" was visiting and this is a photo of Pogo and Sassy napping together on the sofa. 

 
Lately, I haven't been getting out anywhere to take photos.  I'm missing that.  There used to be lots of butterflies around here, but since the butterfly bushes died the butterflies don't hang around here anymore.  We did replant one of the bushes to another spot last year but it did not make it.  Maybe next year we can try to plant some new bushes. 
 
I dug a photo from my photo archives to show one of the beautiful butterflies that used to come to enjoy the bushes.
 
 
Speaking of missing butterflies, I haven't seen very many bees this year either.  This is definitely not good news.  We need the bees.  And we need the butterflies.  Without them, what sort of planet will we be leaving to our children and future generations?
 
I'm getting too serious now, and there's not much news.  I think I'll make a fresh cup of coffee and do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Let's hope Pogo is just not hungry. My 3 fur babies do that and I think they are sick. I did have to take Milo and Queen to the vet on Friday. Milo had an ear infection from all the hair that he wouldn't let us get out of his ears and queen had sores on her. When one get well another one would come on her. It had to be internal and they gave her pills and ointment. Milo has ear drops. I notice he kept picking at his ears. Babs is too big. (lol) Queen had lost one pound but I have them on a dry food diet because they are obese. (queen and babs) They aren't liking their dry food diet but I has to do something because I doesn't want to lose them for being overweight. I didn't know their digestive systems could not digest table food. I was online looking for a diet that I could put them on and instead of just overweight dogs, I googled over weight chis. So this is what I read. No more table food for them. Pogo might be just not hungry. Sometimes we humans are like that but get him checked out to make sure. By the way, I went to Academy and bought some fishing gear and hope to go fishing. My sister told me not to and I had to remind her that God didn't let me come home from the hospital to sit here and wait until death come to my door. I am feeling better recently. My good days are going to be filled with joyful things. Have a great day.

Kathy said...

I hope Pogo is all right. Sometimes the heat makes an animal not hungry. I know it does me sometimes too.

I have noticed the absence of butterflies and bees this year also. I just said that to my husband the other day. We are so bad to our planet and then wonder why things happen. I think I will try to plant butterfly bushes next year also.

LV said...

Wishing you and Pogo better days. I have so much stuff that needs to go, but it is a lot of work.

smiekeltje said...

I can understand you worry about Pogo. It may be just the heat that is getting a bit to him, but better to have him checked by the vet to be sure.
And you should consider Pogo already has a certain age. I really hope he will be fine soon and can live much longer in happiness with you.
Hug
Kyra