Monday, August 20, 2018

Another Busy Day Ahead For Me

August 20, 2018

Good morning.  Tis another beautiful comfy day here in New England.  Temps will be in the low seventies all day with the sun coming out later today.  It's a great day for breathing!

I spent hours yesterday emptying out my refrigerator/freezer.  Anything that wasn't recent got tossed into big trash bags.  Other things were transferred to my big freezer or to a refrigerator out in the house.  Sad to say, the refrigerator that I transferred some of my food stuff to is also on its way out.  It will need to be replaced in the near future. 

Today, I will make some calls to find me a repairman, and then I will be washing out the refrigerator.  As long as it is empty, this is a good time for a cleaning.  All except for the bottom inside.  I can't kneel so this will be a challenge. 

Before I forget, I had a request for a missing quick page.  Please send me an email and I'll get you the missing links.  My email should be in my profile.  Please note, I do not always post the quick pages in numerical order.  I put them all in a folder and then post whichever one fits my mood or the occasion.  It might be easier to tell me which numbers you are missing.  They all have a number.

Today I have a coloring page for you.  This one features owls and is really pretty.  Coloring is very relaxing, so I hope you have fun with it.


I have a photo of a new ring that I bought, but first I want to explain my reason for buying it.  In my middle teens, I made a wonderful, lifelong friend.  She was the mother of my boyfriend, and she watched over me for the rest of her life.  Her name was Mary.  I called her "Dolly" or "My Mary."  Before she died, she gave me a ring.  She said she wanted to make sure that I got it. 

Back in the early 1930's, My Mary's boyfriend (whom she later married) gave her a friendship ring, gold with an amethyst.  I wore that little gold ring until the band wore out, and then I had a new band put on it.  A couple weeks ago, I turned on the Jewelry Channel and they were showing a little gold ring with a citrine.  My birthstone. 

The ring made me think of My Mary.  It looked so much like her ring, that I called up and ordered it.  Here's a photo of the two rings together.  My Mary's ring (on the right) is an antique now, and my new ring has an "antique" look about it.


Now I want to do a bit of blog reading before I get started on cleaning the refrigerator.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

LV said...

Love both of the rings. When younger thought I had to have several nice pieces, but now do not even wear. Age changes a lot of things. Enjoy yours.