Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Imagine! Calling My Refrigerator An Antique!!

August 21, 2018

Good morning.  Well, here I am, late again!  I just did not want to come out of my comfy snoozing this morning.  The cool air felt so good.  I even pulled my blanket over me for a little while.  Woo Hoo!

Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time on the phone making calls to refrigerator repair companies.  It seems no one could come out right away, and the last one told me to call a company in Georgia (I live in Massachusetts) called 'Antique Appliances."  Is she calling my refrigerator an antique?

I know my refrigerator is twenty one years old, but it has been working just fine all this time.  Till now.  My daughter Deanne told me to "count my blessings that it has lasted this long."  After giving the matter a lot of thought, I've decided to just order a new one.  I'll also get a new one for the main house.  The second refrigerator out there is also needing to be replaced.  Hopefully, this will be the last thing that the house needs this year. 

Just as I was getting ready to start cleaning my refrigerator, there was a knock on the door.  It was my new cleaning lady.  Oh thank you, thank you, thank you.  She is such a blessing.  She cleaned the refrigerator, the bathroom and a did a few other little things before it was time for her to leave.  I kept busy cleaning out containers so that they could go out in the recycle bin, and what ever else I could do until I finally had to go sit down. 

Afterwards, I did a bit of measuring things like doorways, the refrigerator, etc.  I'm trying to think of how the old one will go out and the new one will come in.  My apartment is very small, so a lot of things will have to be moved so that these appliances can be taken out and/or brought in.  Yeesh!

Today I dug a couple photos from my archives.  I love butterflies, and we haven't had very many of them around here this year.  They are so beautiful!



Now I think I'll get busy and find some mischief to get into.  Goodness knows there's enough to choose from!  First though, I'll do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay cool and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

We keep everything until it "plays out", so our stuff probably qualifies as antiques too:) I know you will enjoy your new fridges! LOVE the butterflies! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog!
I am a slow crafter..mainly cards.
I live in central TX.

smiekeltje said...

Porbably it is the best to have a new fridge. even if they could repair the old, it may be costs also a lot of money and then you had to hope the reparation will last for a longer time.
I have a bit of trouble too kneeling down. Thbat came after my unhappy fall this spring, The right knee never came totally back into it's "old" situation. Oh well, I can bend it and with some careful moves I can sit on it, but yeah, dear friend, our body gets older. LOL.
Hope you will find quickly a nice fridge that fits easily into your doorways and so.
Hug
Kyra