Monday, August 13, 2018

Pleading For Help For Our Animals

August 13, 2018

Good morning.  Well, we've gone from the "wicked heat" season to the "occasional thunderstorm" season.  I'm not complaining though.  The temps are much more comfortable and we can use the showers. 

Pogo hasn't been eating very much these past few days.  I've tempted him with everything, including some nice prime rib steak.  I saved a big piece of my steak from dinner Saturday night, and cut up a plateful for Pogo when I got home.  He would not eat it.  He didn't want it yesterday either.

Finally, last night, I cooked up a can of corned beef hash and gave Pogo a plate of it.  Will wonders never cease!  He ate it!  I wasn't planning on having the hash for supper, but plans change.  I had hash for supper.

I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with Pogo.  His bark sounds different lately, and he is constantly glued to me.  Or to my pillow if I'm busy doing something.  If I take a shower, he sits on the mat beside the tub until I step out to dry off.  Then he goes back to my pillow.  I'm keeping my eye on him, just in case.

I had things I wanted to do today, but I may have to change my plans a bit.  I did not sleep well last night and I'm tired.  I'll just have to see how the day goes. 

Folks, animal abuse seems to be everywhere.  Please help to stop it for good.  If you see or hear of any animal abuse, please report it to the local authorities.  You can probably find the phone numbers for your area on Google.  Our animals deserve our protection.  They can't speak up, but you can!  So please help them.

 
What is wrong with people who hurt animals?  It's my hope that someday we'll be able to punish these people by doing the same things to them that they did to the innocent animals.  It may sound cruel, but what they do to our animals is worse than cruel. 

I don't normally plead for anything, but I'm asking all of you to please speak up and do what you can to help stop the cruelty to our animals.  If you know of someone who is looking for a pet, please ask them to go to a shelter and adopt.  There is so much love waiting for you at an animal shelter.

For those folks who enjoy reading the Good Book, I borrowed this list from the web.  I thought it could be very helpful.


I think later today I may start putting together a folder of photos for next year's calendar.  It's almost September, and time seems to be going by faster now.  I also have to get serious about finishing up my crochet projects.  I'd like to get this pink afghan finished before Christmas.  Ah, so much to do, so little time. 

Now I think I'll finish my coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: