Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Waiting For A Call Back From The Doctor

April 21, 2015

Good morning.  Well, at least for another ten minutes.  I got up early this morning to get some breakfast for Pogo, then went back to bed.   This wicked bug that I have is not in any hurry to leave.  I did call the doctor's office yesterday, but they were closed.  (holiday)  I just called again a few minutes ago, and am waiting for a call back.

I took a few minutes to get myself a cup of coffee.  Mmmmm, that tastes good.  (Gosh, I hope that's a good sign!)   We had quite a bit of rain yesterday and all during the night.  Today the sun keeps peeking out at us and it is warm. 66F degrees.   Most of the temps for the next week will be right around 60F with nights cooling down to the upper 30's and low 40's. 

I must say that the new storm door was one of my best investments.  It keeps Pogo occupied for several hours each day.   When it is sunny, he gets to nap in front of the door and soak up the sunshine.  My little man is quite happy these days.

My crochet projects are being badly neglected these days.  I start to crochet, but then I put it down to cough or doze off.   It's definitely not a fun situation.  I hope the doctor calls back soon.  Next I have to put in a call to DIL Janet and tell her not to come by this week either.  I don't want to pass my germs on to her.

On a brighter note, here are a couple photos of one of my house plants.  I'm not sure of it's name, but it really is quite pretty.

A few days ago, some rather large dark clouds were rolling by in the sky so I took a few photos through the storm door.  Considering how menacing this clouds looks, it passed by without causing any problems.  If you look in the lower left corner of the photo, you can see how pretty blue the sky is behind that big cloud.

Well, I don't have any more news and I'm wanting to settle back into my comfy lounge chair.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.


Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Your plants are really pretty. I know that plant but for the life of me I can't think of the name for it. We always planted ours outside around the gold fish pond. Ours were deep red and green and white and green. I did have some pink ones but they did not do so well.

I got up a little earlier than I had planned to this morning. Even then I had a hard time waking up. I didn't sleep well. I tossed and turned for most of the night.

I made ribeye steaks, baked potatoes and a salad for dinner last night and corn on the cob. Fresh Corn... gosh it was all so good. I went off to bed afterwards and read for a little while. Chatted with Patsy for a few minutes and went to sleep for a little while and then my legs started that jumping and jerking nonsense. It doesn't hurt but is sure aggravating.
Later today Edna I will send you an email. Right now I have to get up and find something for lunch and try to get rid of this pounding headache that I have.
I also updated my blog but I have to warn you that it is short. Not much news here right now... Hugs, Beth

Kathy said...

Hope you feel better soon and that the doctor calls back. Meanwhile rest is probably the best thing for you.

Your plant is lovely. I don't know what it's called either but it's really pretty.

Debby said...

Please feel better my friend.

smiekeltje said...

I agree that your plant looks lovely. I should know the name, but can't grab it. May be later it will pop back into my memory bank LOL!
Glad you had contact with the doctor's office, now hoping he will call back soon and that it will be helpful!
Seems Pogo is doin okay, yeah, your new door is great for him.
Now only thing to do for now is to get rid of your bug, it has taken too long, you need to get outside and specially when the weather is getting better.
will post now and want to do some things today, cause tomorrow is a busy day and Friday too is abit filled.
Take rest and naps whenever you feel to it,