Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Fun Trip To The Park In The Rain

April 8, 2015

Good morning.  It's sunny this morning and a bit nippy.  Only 39F degrees.  The weather man says it will get up to about 42F degrees and be mostly cloudy all day, with the rain returning for tomorrow and Friday.  Yesterday's rain wasn't very heavy, so I guess we can handle this. 

Yesterday, Pogo and I went to JoAnn's, and I bought some new crochet hooks and a new pattern book.  On the way home, we stopped by the park to see if the ice on the ponds had melted.  Even in the rain, this was a fun trip. 

Most of the ice on the ponds has melted (there are still chunks of ice floating in some parts of the ponds).  There were quite a few gulls and ducks, and a few geese.  I did not see any of the swans yet.  Here are a few photos from yesterday.




I took a few more pretty shots as we were leaving the park.  Once I've cropped them, I'll share them here.   I was afraid that the park birds might not have survived the winter, so it was good to see them.   As you can see, there is still un-melted snow in the park too. 

Today, Pogo and I are going back to JoAnn's to return the crochet hooks and get another new set of them.  When I opened the package that I bought (yesterday), I found that the tips were very sharp and they shouldn't be.   While we're there, I want to take advantage of today being Senior Discount day.  I saw a couple of things that would be great to put away for the holidays.

Yesterday's email brought me a wonderful surprise.  Beth made a beautiful scrap page featuring some of Pogo's photos.  Thanks Beth.  We love it!!!


Yesterday, I saw a street cleaning machine out swirling dirt and mud out onto the road.  Mind you, it was raining.  For the life of me, I have never figured out why these machines are called street cleaners.   The roads look so much dirtier after the machine has done its job and passes by.  Today, two of these machines were out cleaning???? the road in front of my house. 

Ah well, I think I'll get dressed so that Pogo and I can go shopping while the sun is shining.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

It's aweful to do crochet when the points/hooks are sharp. no fun at all. So you did make it to the park. Pity it wasn't a bit better weather, but it's good to see slowly the snow and ice are melting!
I am getting ready to leave for my "trial" at language course. Very curious how that will be. I will just be a watcher, I guess. I was told it only will be a small group of about 5 or 6 women who want to improve their Dutch. Could be fun.
You have a nice time with Janet and I am sure you will think of something to eat LOL!
Hugs
Kyra