Sunday, January 12, 2014

These Colds, They Just Love Me!!

January 12, 2014

Do you remember when you were a child, going to Sunday School, or the equivalent in your faith, and singing:

Jesus loves me, this I know
For the bible tells me so.
Little ones to him belong
They are weak and He is strong.
 
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.
 
I woke up this morning singing this little song in my mind, over and over.  I'm thinking that it's a clue that I'm going to be on the mend soon.  And better yet, that I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful people caring about me and checking in on me.  It's a potent medicine, especially for the mind and heart.
 
Last night, I made some supper for myself and Pogo.  While I was eating my food, I checked my blog and tried to catch up on some of my emails.  After that, I curled up in my lounge chair, all snuggled in my new flannel blanket, and drifted off to napland with a smile on my face.
 
You guys are wonderful.  My family and friends and all my blog friends.  You're the best!!  I feel very blessed indeed. 
 
Tomorrow morning I will call my doctor to see if he can give me something to clear my chest.  If he can fit me in, my daughter Deanne will drive me to his office.  With this cold, my legs have been quite achy, so I've been taking pain pills.  When I take pain pills, I don't drive.  (I can't figure out why my legs are aching either.  The cold is in my head and my chest, not my legs!)
 
This morning, I watched "Inspiration Today" on TV, with Pastor Mike Murdoch.  Folks, I could listen to this man all day.   He delivers his messages with such feeling and humor.  He has a way of making you feel really glad that you are listening to him.
 
I don't have a new photo to post today, but I found this in one of my emails and thought I would share it with you.  It's so true!
 
 
Now I'm going back to my oversized lounge chair.  I have a little table on one side of the chair that holds my box of tissues, water bottle, pen, remote control and telephone.  On the other side of the chair is a little "cabinet-end table with drawers".  On this I keep my puzzle magazines, a bag of cough drops, my nose spray and a baggie filled with unsalted crackers to snack on.   That, and my little dog on my lap, and I'm all set.
 
Thank you so much for caring.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be warm and have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You probably have a virus ... maybe even a flu which can cause achy muscles. You seem to be doing all of the right things to take care of yourself, so I will just sit back and wait for you to get well. I assume the aches are in both legs, right? Otherwise if it is just one, you should look for swelling around the area that aches. At our age we need to be careful of bloodclots ... just sayin' You stay warm and get well Edna ... and Izzi sends her love to Pogo as well.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Debby said...

Oh Edna, I hope this cold is short lived. So annoying getting one cold after another. I had that a lot when I worked in day care. Could someone at work be spreading the germs? If it makes you feel better, I have been having weird aches and pains for a couple of days. I have a swollen gland in my neck but no cold. The aching is bothersome.

Nani said...

Yay Deann for making sure you get to the doc! :)

In the beginning of the summer I often wake up with the theme from Summer Bible School dancing through my head, a throwback to my elementary school days and summers with the Baptist Church youth group. It still makes me smile.

Your snuggle-spot sounds comfy; I think I'm a little jealous. But you do what you need to do to feel better!

It's so good to see your post today! Feel better!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Hoorray, you posted again! I already thought the cold might bother you too much and i was right. Dammned colds that can set us back so easily!
Good thing you will make an appointment with your doctor and thanks to Deanne she will drive you!
Really hope Mr. doctor can give you something for the chest and may even something to get rid of that cold a bit quicker. You installed yourself well in your comfy chair, you stay there, tucked in and do all that can help to get better soon!
Take good care of yourself, oh and do walk around a bit every now and then, even if your legs hurt, you will have to keep the blood circulation going. Poor thing, wished I could be around to pamper you bit.
Well, stay safe and warm.
Hugs
Kyra